Saturday, 20 July 2013

Its with regret....,,.

Isn't the weather just fabulous, but looking in my wardrobe for something cool to wear everyday is not......

I have a few regrets that I didn't buy certain things last time I went into Liverpool shopping now ...... but the weather wasn't great at the time and I just thought it would be another summer wash out. So I didn't purchase and now guess what they are all sold out!!!!!!


Gap sunkissed shorts ( only available in size 8 in colours I like, so that would be only 1 bum cheek fitting in them for me )available here



Gap sequined straw fedora ( great little hat ~ folded flat as well, great for packing in your case ) why o why didn't I buy it...,
A few other things that caught my eye I can now only find on Gap.com

Gap linen striped dress, it only contained a small amount of linen, so would not look like a rag bag on you after 2 minutes.
Then this bag with matching clutch, I am normally a bit of a bag snob but this is lovely for your holidays



Gap linen sequined bag tote and clutch ( purse/ make up bag of a day, clutch of an evening.) If you find any of the above items on your local Gap sale rails, have a look at them, as think they are ideal summer essentials. You never know maybe I will be lucky and they will turn up at the Gap outlet in
Cheshire Oaks.


Went to try on some shorts yesterday afternoon in my local town, after a quick dash around M&S food hall for BBQ food, mostly all sold out in 10 & 12's so no joy there.
 Online, J Crew 4" shorts look very nice.....  tempting. However, I am just trying to work out outfits in my head, I wear a lot of jeans, t-shirts and fitted jackets normally in our " normal weather" so how can I adapt my wardrobe and utilise my collection of grey tees? A skirt? I may get more wear out of a skirt. Now the Isabel Marant Etoile Sandrine skirt would work a treat....... another item of Marant I lusted after on Matchesfashion.com ( and doesn't Marlene from chocolatecookiesandcandies.com look cute in hers )

Or even the Maya Star skirt

I regret again its sold out or a little too expensive in the case of Maya Star as I didn't truly love that as much as the Sandrine ( clothes funds have taken a hit, got the Whistles Maya Cocoon dress in pink for my hols after seeing Kat Does my bum look 40 in it ) so how's this......

Zara floral skirt in the sale at 12.99, put in my basket & ordered, so we will see what it looks like hey... I am thinking grey tee, silver Ballet pumps or sandals. When the weather gets a bit cooler, my Zara navy jacket over the top.

The J crew 4" inch shorts I think will be a future investment however.

Here I am today, garden with the children, been painting my old wooden chairs a duck egg colour, so once my pinny ( pinny???? Yes pinny.....I am very clumsy ) came off this is what I was wearing.


Top - J crew ( recent sale buy from NAP )
Shorts - Next old very old
Shoes - Russell&Bromley Laura sandals here
I like this length of shorts on myself personally, I read somewhere that your most flattering length is 2 inches below the fattest part of your thigh?

Enjoy your weekend! Xx

6 comments:

  1. We are Russell and Bromley sandal twins - yay! I'm having the same trouble, need more thin cheap strappy dresses for days at home pottering about but nothing left out there! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharron you are a girl after my own heart, shoe & bag mad! I love them, they look lovely with your white dress. New a/w stock coming in some shops on Friday, what I saw, sale racks, all the good stuff GONE!

      Delete
  2. I'm in the same boat - well you never think you're going to have a heatwave do you? I was going to say, I've tried the sunkissed shorts in the neon violet/pink shade and they come up big. Size 8 is a size 10 and I have a healthy size 10 bottom (is that TMI?).

    I'm about to chop down an old tiered maxi to make a mini. Needs must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need the 10 , still carrying 7lbs of baby fat , I will still be saying that when she is 10 years old never mind 10 mths, since I am sat here with a large glass of white! They have the neon peach in a 10 which maybe getting the buy button pressed later..... You will have to post about the maxi to mini funny x

      Delete
  3. Awww...that's so sweet of you! My daughter hates the IM Sandrine skirt but I love its flirty ruffles :P I love your J Crew top. Bummer! I didn't see it at the NAP sale. Guess it must've been snapped up very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, it's lovely, looking forward or not to my little girl giving me her fashion advice! The top I was going to pay full price for it, the day at got that naughty sale NAP email there it was at only £23.50 I think.... Love anything stripes.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest