Monday, 19 August 2013

Coats

 
This time last year I was nearing the end of my pregnancy and looking forward to getting back into my clothes, I was also searching the Internet for a winter coat that would keep me dry and warm when pushing a pram. I found a bargain that I loved on a site called Fashionis.com  ......It is fantastic site if you are looking for Italian designer end of stock lines. I got a Maxmara Weekend puffa coat in a great blue colour, light as a feather and ridiculously warm. However, I did make one big mistake..... it has no hood! Well have you ever tried pushing a pram with also a 3 year on a buggy board and hold a umbrella .... impossible, the look I achieve on rainy days is a "drown rat". So any Mums out there I have found a great parka coat by M&S with a hood plus another essential, plenty of pockets, it is ideal for a casual day coat and the fashionista's all swear by having a versatile parka in your coat collection, don't they? I wouldn't of dreamt of entertaining a parka coat myself maybe a year ago, thought they were a little 'grungy' but I tried one on in Zara the beginning of this year and I must admit I was really tempted by it.

I especially love the caped false sleeve effect, looks far more expensive than £89, don't you think?
As ever Zara have a wonderful coat selection, their parka coat this season has also caught my eye.


 
Now, I am not looking to purchase a coat this A/W, however, if I could be tempted it would be by a pea coat. I do love a pea coat, they look so cute with jeans and high tops and equally good with heeled ankle boots.
Olivia Palmero looking as ever amazing in a navy pea coat and hi tops
   
Isabel Marant has done two fabulous pea coats this season the Clifford being my favourite.

Isabel Marant Etoile Clifford Coat £425 @ Matchesfashion.com
 
Each year I always admire the Joseph Lisa Wrap coat when I am perusing in Selfridges around Christmas time and I always try one on, especially love it in camel, now that is wish list item for me if money was no object, I think a camel coat just always oozes style.


Zara have done something very similar and I have seen this in store and it's looks very expensive and is light as a feather, ideal for people who don't like heavy coats.



Looks slightly like a dressing gown here, but don't let that put you off.
 
Now the catwalks for this season where full of pink coats.....yes pink, not sure if they are very practical but they do look pretty.
Carven runway for A/W 2013

High street versions are all hitting the shops, this Zara one is the little cute one I was talking about in my last post.
`

and good old M&S gets it right on trend again..... things look like they are improving at Marks & Spencer hey? We can thank Belinda Earl I believe who is their new style director who has come from another favourite brand of mine Jaeger for making M&S a little more on trend this coming season.....yippee weekend food shopping could get a lot more exciting and expensive!
Here is what I wore today, looked a little like autumn this morning so the mulberry came out too play 

Jumper- Massimo Dutti (spring 2013)
Jeans - Zara here
Shoes - Russell & Bromley here
Bag - Mulberry Bayswater (old)
Necklace - M&S ( close up below )

 M&S have had some great statement necklaces in recently, I got this one back in April.

see you next time.
♥xx

8 comments:

  1. I like the Limited Edition Parka at M&S but I am in need of a new black puffa coat with hood, I can't cope without a hood and I hate having to replace something that has worn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't seen one with a hood yet..... If I do I will let you know. I know hate buying things like bras when they wear out......that expense I have coming up pretty soon.

      Delete
  2. I totally get you about the hood thing! My daughter's a lot older now but I still refuse to carry an umbrella. A hood's so much easier and I don't have to worry about the crazy wind upturning my umbrella. I'm so in love with your holiday clothes. I'm all about broderie anglaise myself. I can't do prints very well but broderie anglaise adds interesting details to a monochrome background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this winter I am going too wear a stylish hat like you....so to avoid the drowned rat look. Yes...I am boring apart from the broderie anglaise...love it....prints scare me slightly.

      Delete
  3. I find it so hard finding a coat that fits as I'm so petite and tiny, so really limited where i can shop, I avoid hoods as think I look like a child even though I'm 39! however, I would buy one for convenience if needed! Love your outfit, I have the same mulberry bag x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, try J crew children's think they do up to size 16yrs. I am not a lover of hoods.... but you do need one when pushing a pram, but think I am going to opt for a stylish hat this winter. You can't beat a Bayswater...classic. xx

      Delete
  4. I agree, I wouldn't have dreamed of wearing a parka a year ago as I felt it seemed a little grungy! But I fell in love with one from Topshop, which is very similar to the Marks one, and I love it. So practical and that hood is a godsend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I believe Topshop have done some great parkas ..... I will have a look online, because you are correct.... They are so practical. X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest