Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Planning the holiday wardrobe

With the weather turning a bit miserable  yesterday my attentions turned to what I am packing for my holidays, rather than what can I wear today, as I am back in my no-brainer uniform of tee, jeans & ballet pumps. While we don't have keep to school holidays yet ( another year before N starts) we are not going till September.

We did however sneak a holiday in May whilst I was off on maternity. The paraphernalia you need too pack for the baby plus being under 2 year she didn't get an allowance, sensible packing from me was required. So, after reading my fashion bible WIT I decided to pack a colour co-ordinated holiday wardrobe for the 1st time.
My colour decision started in April when I treated myself to two swimsuits, after having two children late in my 30's I decided my bikini days were well and truly over. The colours I chose were red and black, as I have a lot of white and black clothes and I planned to add flashes of red/coral in there. So that was decided, my holiday colour theme was going to be white, black and red/coral.... and boy it worked so much better, I packed less clothes but seemed to have so much more to wear.


Another tip from WIT was using the amazing Anya Hindmarch dust bags for a beach bag. They fold up in your suitcase flat and are really strong! I picked up one on eBay as I am not lucky enough to own a Anya( she is on my bag wish list however.)

I recently sold a black sea folly maxi dress on eBay( I don't really suit halter necks, don't know why I bought it really ~  and also it was better worn with just bikini bottoms as it had bra cups in it and not suitable with my new one-pieces) so I had some spending money to buy a new beach cover up.

I am not one for the chiffon sequin types, the fight you have to get them on with them sticking too
you when you are all hot & bothered with sand and cream on..... I am hot & bothered just thinking about that fight I had once with one. I much prefer natural fabrics like cotton, I have a white embroidery anglaise one that I love, H&M striped t shirt dress and then I have my new By Malene Birger red striped nautical number. So, I was looking for a maxi floaty dress/cover up........

My last post was for my love of Gap well I just adore J Crew and they still have some great summer clothes available in both their sale and non sale. Below is a selection of some gorgeous beach cover ups that are in their sale, any would fit into my holiday wardrobe with ease. 

Silk crepe maxi dress £103.60 here

Silk Striped maxi £103.60 here 
Drawstring tunic in sale £38.84 here 
Embroidered rope tunic £51.80 here
I would of loved the red silk crepe maxi dress but that exceeded my spending money, the others, well I have similar so I went for.....



The Sheer striped maxi £43.60....... more stripes I know .......just can't resist them at the moment. 

♥ Xx


2 comments:

  1. I am beginning to think we have very similar tastes! Love your choices here. We still took ours out of school until our eldest started secondary...naughty really but it did no harm and with 3 the price difference was huge! I think the law has changed again on it now though. Can't keep up. We kept it simple this year and have gone camping:o x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, they are going to charge you in the future, at the moment you cAn take up to 10 days without too much questions asked my friend told me. The j crew beach cover up arrived today , ideal for day down the beach....xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest