Sunday, 18 August 2013

Preparing holiday outfits.... Part 2

Now since having the children our holiday evenings have changed some what. We much prefer to spend the day down at either one of our favourite 2 beaches Aurora or Trocadero and then eat there for lunch or have an early tea or maybe BBQ back at base. So for a fortnights holiday I don't need to pack lots of evening attire now, but we do treat ourselves to a little night out or 2 which means just a nice meal out really.
Night time outfits
Casual dresses, for BBQ's at the apartment and all can transcend to day wear.


A more dressy dress continuing with my colour theme and then a special outfit below for our anniversary night out,


Nanna is coming with us for a week so is kindly on babysitting duty one night...yippee! Love her ....
Now this last outfit is a bit of a curve ball, in that it doesn't fit into my colour theme the skirt is Topshop last year. I have teamed it up with the two new recent cheeky purchases, I took advantage of WIT's blog 20% discount on J Crew and purchased the Vintage Cotton Tee in heather grey. She had recently posted some divine holiday outfit pictures on her blog and to be honest this outfit is totally WIT inspired, I am such a copy cat! Just love her style.......


She also has this skirt, I purchased it following her tip last year that it was in the sale. The shoes are new from Boden, she has them in rose gold but unfortunately they are sold out in my size. I searched the Internet the other night high and low for them or silver pointy flat shoes with no success. So reduced from £79 to £27.90 I took a chance and ordered the Boden ones in the green to go with this skirt. Green shoes.. a little brave for me, but I thought they would also jazz up my favourite look of jeans and breton tee, the pointed toe is very flattering to your leg, especially when wearing a full skirt like this. Flat sandals or round toe ballet pumps just didn't look right with this skirt. 

Kicking myself I now didn't order them in rose gold early on in summer as they are a lovely shoe, hope they do them next summer in a metallic colour.
They are available in black in their new collection and a full range of colours in the full shoe style, I like this gorgeous bronze colour, wouldn't they look fab with rolled up jeans and a simple white tee or sweatshirt?
 
Boden Pointed Pump in bronze £79

So, I think I am organised now for my holidays and can now concentrate on planning the last little things for L's christening/1st birthday, which is the day before we go away......stressful, but all good!

See you next time for my Autumn/Winter coats post.

♥Xx

5 comments:

  1. I really wanted the whistles dress but couldn't get it in my size. Glad I have seen those Boden shoes, pointy flats are on my wishlist and love that WIT inspired outfit, I am a huge fan of her style too, anyone who loves a Breton and I am lapping up their outfits like a cat with the cream! x Great selection, you are really working it. Are you instagram honey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun, I am really impressed with boden pointy flats, comfy & the heel strap doesn't fall down, which the thought off, put me off initially. I hope they do them next year. I am on instragram my user name is annmariew40. Xx

      Delete
    2. My new Instagram user name is fashionmumof40..... Just changed it so I am all the same.

      Delete
  2. Are you gonna kill me, they have the gold in my size! Shame they aren't rose gold, now that would be nice! Just followed you on insta x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun for the follow, followed you back.... its a bit additive isn't it! the gold bronze ones are fab aren't they........Wit has featured them
      in her new post today. Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest