Wednesday, 11 September 2013

A year on.... Primark to DVF

Well year ago this coming weekend I was the big 40 sat in the labour ward in my £2.99 primark nightie giving birth. Honestly, any soon to be mummies out there, I really recommend their T- Shirt nighties for labour. Great little button front for the initial skin to skin contact and breastfeeding and for only £2.99 it can go in the bin afterwards ( as labour can be a little messy.) I did have visions of myself in White Company broderie anglaise number to give birth in but a good friend pointed myself in the primark direction........thankfully. She said save the nice White Company one for when you get home....something nice to wear for those night feeds....thank you K. X

Anyway back to my story, so a year on I am 41 and L is 1 this Sunday ......were has that year gone too! Not only is it her 1st birthday but she is also getting christened. 

So what do you wear to a end of Summer/Autumn christening? A dress is the normal attire and my favourite pit stop for dresses is always Whistles.....and yet again they have a few gorgeous ones this season.
This is the Red Sculptured Dress £110 that I talked about in my I love Whistles post....love it. Jaeger have done something similar albeit more expensive, however a classic you will have for years Jaeger Red Shift Dress with dart detail £225
I am not totally a print lover, unless its stripes or dots but these two really appeal, yes, I know one is dots....but the other one isn't .....
Ovoid Spot Print Dress £175 @ Atterley Road
Terrazo Print Structured Dress £165 @ Atterely Road
 
 
For a different look, worn with either a classic white shirt, plain tee ~ silk or cotton or for a bit of luxury plain cashmere jumper.
Hobbs NW3 Caren Pencil Skirt £179
Whistles Floral Leopard Box Pleat Skirt £110
 
Well I have a choice of 2 dresses, the pink Whistles maya cocoon which I got in the summer sale and which will be very appropriate colour wise or a DVF classic I purchased about 3 years ago off Matchesfashion. I have only worn this once to an occasion that no family went too ( not that it would be bad if they had seen me wear it before ) the thing is it is black......black I know.....but I do want to wear my Chanel bag, it is worthy of this special occasion and it is something I would love to pass down to L .....plus the pink Whistles in ready to be packed for our long overdue holiday ......there I go I have talked myself into it...........the DVF dress it is......I think.




L  Pretty originals
Mine DVF ........


Oh not forgetting the little man's outfit, Ralph Lauren/Next

So what I have been wearing these last 2 busy days
Tuesday ~ very similar to Monday (sorry)
Jacket - Jigsaw
T-Shirt - J Crew Vintage V-neck Tshirt here
Jeans - Massimo Dutti (spring 13)
Shoes - Russell & Bromley here
Bag - Mulberry Effie Hobo here

Today was raining up north so the Burberry came out for the 1st time since May/June 
A special little man wanted to get on the picture,
Trench - Burberry ( my 40th present )
Jumper - Boden button back jumper ,great discounts on at Boden at the moment 20% Today & Thurs, 15% Fri, 10% Sat Click here
Jeans - Topshop Jamie Skinnies here
Shoes - Russell&Bromley here

Speak soon to you Friday, with a my packing post. ♥xx

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - is your little man adorable or what!! And so stylish (him and you).

    I think the DVF dress looks gorgeous - so feminine as well - who said you can't wear black to a christening?

    I've slummed it the last few days, the rain and the plummeting temperatures have put pay to any chances of sartorial elegance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh he is a cutie ( most of the time ) I like the full skirt on the DVF and I do feel really feminine in it x

      Delete
  2. I don't blame you for wearing the DVF, a gorgeous dress deserves an outing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes fully decided on it now and looking forward to wearing it. X

      Delete
  3. Loving your outfits! I am so glad I found your blog now!
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona! Thrilled you like my little blog, have a fab time in LA! Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest