Monday, 2 September 2013

Early birthday present....


Yes.....finally we are on countdown, N asked me " how many more sleeps Mummy?" Well we have 6 1/2 and it is a very busy week ahead, 2 full days in work, final planning for L's 1st birthday and Christening party on Sunday, packing for our long awaited holiday and amongst all this I have got too squeeze in some beauty treatments, the obligatory holiday pedi and mani. In all this excitement my sweetheart of a mum hasn't forgot it is also my birthday this coming weekend and I got me an early present......I am delighted, because it is something that I wanted to start to collect from the Anya Hindmarch Travel Collection. To start my collection she got me the mini make up bag which is so cutely labelled "Girlie Stuff" from OutNet they still have some more of this collection with 50% off here.                           

So a different post from myself this week.........on all things beauty.

I do like make-up as much as I do fashion ( well nearly )........ I have a love affair with American brands, I was once very loyal to just one brand Bobbi Brown after having a make over from one of their make-up artists, but in the recent two years I have branched out slightly.
 
Here is my summer base and I love Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser, to be honest I tend to wear this in the winter as well, I favour it over foundation now the older I get. I suffer from dark inner corners of my eyes so I have to wear a corrector/concealer, I use to wear Bobbi Brown's but found that a little too heavy, so I changed to Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and then I pop the amazing Secret brightening loose powder on top and it just brightens the whole under eye area up. Now when I 1st started it using it, I didn't buy the eye cream to go underneath and it wasn't the flawless finish I was after, my fault. You know, you go up to the glamorous lady behind the counter and you say " what can you do for my dark circles" she works her magic, you look fab in her magic mirror and then you find out to achieve the look is expensive, involving purchasing a couple of products. I thought I could miss out the 1st step, the eye cream, but as a very good decorator once told me ( he was taking ages to complete a job for us) the art to good painting is all in the prep and I suppose that goes for your skin. So, I went back and got Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Repair eye serum £66  yes, its pricey, but it has lasted for ages and the concealer and powder sink into the skin rather than just sitting on top of.....giving a dry lined look.......which wasn't good. The cream itself brightens the whole undereye area up when used on it's own....even when I have a make up free or rather a make up minimal day I always wear this now.......it is a must for myself with my dark undereyes.

My eyes are green....... the colour I found to compliment them the most, is a very wearable shade by Mac called taupe satin. I then use Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Espresso Ink, it is fabulous, stays put all day. Lancome's mascaras are my favourites, I have played around with YSL, great for the 1st two weeks then I find it drys out and goes rather cloggy. I do like to colour in my eyebrows slightly and I do this with a Bobbi Brown dark brown eyeshadow, I just think it frames my face and this a must in between eyebrow tints.

Now I do like a bit of bronzer, think its the northern girl in me.... I find that Bobbi Brown Bronzer is the most natural looking and I only use it in the LIGHT colour..... avoiding the umpa lumpa look. Blusher is Nars in Orgasm, for years I wondered what the hype was, I finally tried it and guess what, I love it too, its such a pretty blush for the day and it can be layered for a more intensity for in the evenings.

After years of having all things sticky and glossy applied too my lips and I very recently gone back to lipsticks and got two new ones, a nude for everyday and a red-ish one. I love the look of red lipstick, on me??? Well, I am really happy with the one I got in the end, as it's not a full on red Mac Lipstick in Chili when I tried the real 'reds' on myself it all looked a little scary. My favourite lipglosses are Nars Chihuahua and Bobbi Brown petal. So there you go, that's my face paint.


I need to get some storage for my make-up.....she maybe only 1 but she already showing an interest in my make up bag contents.... trouble! I am planning on getting the Muji acrylic drawer sets, as below, so it can sit on my dressing table, out of the way of a certain little person.

 
Seen here on paper blog.com this is my idea of organised heaven.....
 


The top little storage unit is John Lewis desk storage .....great for lipsticks.

John Lewis Acrylic Desk Organiser, Large £18

Just a little outfit picture of my girlie pre-birthday drinks the other night.
I love this blouse, very pretty.....
Blouse - DVF (old)
Jeans - Zara distressed jeans 
Shoes - Christian Louboutin Flo Patent here
Bag - Louis Vuittion 

Today ~ for mummy & toddler group
Jacket - Jigsaw (old)
Jumper - Massimo Dutti (spring 13)
Jeans - Massimo Dutti (spring 13)
Trainers - Ash Virgo available here
Bag - Mulberry Effie here
( sorry about the photo/lighting I-Phone camera and a miserable day)

Anyway are you loyal to certain make up brands or do you play with around with different ones?

See you later in the week.
Xx

10 comments:

  1. You look lovely :-) Love the Anya Hindmarch pouches, I have one too. And agree that is make-up organisation perfection. Great post. Happy Birthday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are aren't they & they always go into the sale so I am going to treat myself.... Don't care if my collection will be different colours. Plus my mum & hubby know now that they will be the perfect gift for me now. I have a list of to do's around the house.....but the make up thing is top of the list. Xx

      Delete
  2. Your blouse is gorgeous! Lucky you off on hols just when the cold weather is arriving!!I think I need to add a few new brands to my make up collection:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, it is one of my favourites. Have a good week. Xx

      Delete
  3. I remember saving a picture of Kim Kardashians acrylic make-up storage and you have just reminded me, I'd love something like this. I was loyal to Lancome mascara's for years, like you tried YSL once and it smudged almost immediately. I now stick with Chanel Inimitable Intense which does wonders for my very short sparse lashes. Lots of exciting stuff going on in your life at the mo, bet you can't wait for holiday, hope you have time for a packing post! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum swears by Chanel.....she has just started using their foundation and she loves it. All going on in September for us..... Just for you honey, I am hoping to squeeze in a packing post on Friday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good good and when you get back from hols, you can see what Bag we've bought Claudia, trust me you will die and I want it so bad for myself! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest