Tuesday, 3 September 2013

The power of the breton......and school runs

You might of realised by now that I like striped tops..... The breton is simply put my top choice for every day, it is simple, comfy and ever so stylish. I have built up a nice little collection now and my love of the breton found me to the many blogs that I love to read because guess what they are also stripe lovers......

On my wish list is a breton from the Petit Bateau, but having a look around last night there are really some other great ones out there.....Atterley Road has a wonderful selection....plus the styling ideas on Atterley road are just gorgeous. 







1. J crew Necklace Tee £55

I think they are so easy to wear for that 'school run' ....... is everybody ready.... for the return of the school run? When my little boy was born in December some people said 'oh he will miss the cut off.....' and I thought oh is that's bad?? But do you know what, I am delighted now I have my baby until next September .... and I only have to do the school run 2 days a week for another school year.......and albeit I just do the pick ups...... Hubby does the morning run.....no I am not a lazy *** before you ask.... N's pre-school days are my work days and so I am normally 9 times of 10 out of bed at 3.30/4am and on an early flight.....before anybody has shaken a leg in our house.
But I don't envy your upcoming morning rush, ladies..... get them up.....  breakfast .... wash ..........teeth........get them dressed........school bag.......forgotten anything.......oh yes yourself! Yes..... glad I don't have all that for another year.

........here I am anyway for the last 2 days wearing stripes.....yes...again! 
This is the Johnnie Boden Boatneck T-Shirt £14-16, I got the summer version of this top in the white and I ordered a size 15-16 yrs which I said in a previous post was a 10 to a small 12. Well this year they have done a 16 yrs + size, so I thought I would order that size and it is a little longer in length, which is good and more a size 12, I would say.....fabulous for the price.







I did a little DIY with this necklace, it use to be long but I shortened it to make it more on trend.... my little Chanel influence.... Oh and the red lippy has come out now for autumn.

Top- Johnnie Boden SS 13 ( as above)
Lipstick - Mac Chilli

Good luck with the school run! X

11 comments:

  1. I have so enjoyed this summer and I was dreading it with the builders in, but the weather has made it! However, I am nervous about the start of term as that heralds back to work for me too being a teacher! Ah well. I love stripes and a good hint with the Boden kids sizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with returning to work, at least you have made a lot of progress on your building work while you have been off. Yes, the Johnnie boden Bretons are fab not going to order off the ladies now for basic tees.....kids here I come., so much cheaper.

      Delete
  2. So pleased Charlie is now at secondary school, I think I was the oldest mum in the playground! As you know I love a Breton too, I have about 6 oh no make that 7, guess what, you are gonna be so proud of me - got the JCrew one with the red anchor in my size on ebay yesterday for £8.30 - kerching! Love numbers 1,2 and 3 especially the JCrew with the necklace! Are you a Air Hostess and have we had this conversation before, only I'm going brain dead lately can't remember anything - very worrying x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not far off being the oldest mum! I know you love a Breton and what a bargain you got with the J.Crew......fab. Yes for my sins I am an Air Hostess......you are not the only one I forget things now that I have written down to remember ....... Very worrying. I like the Jcrew one with the necklace too. X

      Delete
    2. My eldest works for Virgin Holidays instore but still gets 7 free flights a year same as those in the Air. Shame they don't fly to Malaga, save me a fortune! x

      Delete
  3. Even a Breton is a little toastie for the school run at the moment, don't you just love it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I had too have a change in the afternoon.... Weather was hot... Fabulous, just like a breton.

      Delete
  4. The J Crew breton with the necklace detail caught my eye. I'm not one for necklaces normally but I could be tempted to try and recreate the look myself for a bit less.

    And I usually look in the Johnnie B section before I look at the adults. Love a bargain. Especially a VAT free one.

    And seriously loving that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is gorgeous that JCrew one isn't? My only worry is would the weight of the jewels tug the neckline down?? Cheaper ..... you could do a DIY version..... You are good adapting things. Yes Johnnie is so much better & cheaper for tops, sizing is great. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I ask where you got this necklace? I absolutely love it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this was purchased from M&S about 6 years ago (sorry) it was longer, but I shortened it. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest