Thursday, 5 September 2013

The simple grey sweatshirt

Wish list item for this season is the grey sweatshirt, my friend said I can't imagine you in a sweatshirt other than going to the gym in ( the gym which I don't attend may I add ) So I am going to prove to her I can do sweats but glam style......
 
Now I know I go on about WIT blog..... It's my favourite and the 1st blog that I started to read two years ago religiously..... She has given me so much style inspiration and guidance. My hubby thinks I stalk the poor woman ....... Well I do, sort of....via Blogger and Instagram. Laura can so work the grey sweatshirt..... and these are the looks I would love to try and re-create.

Glam factor with the leopard heel booties. I really like the simplicity of this particular sweatshirt, it doesn't look bulky or shapeless, which I am trying to avoid. This sweatshirt is an Petit Bateau so it will be really nice cotton but I can't find anything similar in plain grey on their website....this season...damn!



Glamorising it here with her favourite accessory item - the statement necklace.
Both photos courtesy of ~ WIT blog

A few nice grey sweatshirts I found online for you......

Both have the glam factor , the first with the little gold studs and the lurex in the InWear one.
I still really like this sweatshirt, but it wasn't in store for me too try on.

But the one I think is going to get the 'buy me' button pressed is.......this little beauty from J.Crew.....
Short Sleeves ♥ for layering ( I am thinking a white shirt, denim shirt or a Breton )
Jewels ♥ say no more, this is a glam sweatshirt



My outfit today - The jacket came off, as soon as I got out, because again it was hot.


Jeans - J Brand (old)
Shoes - R&B (old)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.... the weather is going to get cooler...time for a sweatshirt!? 
♥Xx


11 comments:

  1. I have a grey sweatshirt on my to buy list! I love the J crew jewel top you picked. Have a lovely weekend:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think a sweatshirt will be the must buy of the season. The inner magpie in me really likes the J Crew one. Have a great weekend also. x

      Delete
  2. Agree with you that JCrew is by far the best of the lot. I got a cheapie from H&M in spring thanks to Susie So So giving the heads up but I would like a more luxurious version x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The JCrew one has been purchased....naughty me.Has the H&M gone bobbly?

      Delete
    2. No it hasn't as yet but I have only worn it a couple of times. x

      Delete
  3. I actually thought you were going to be modelling the grey Whistles one here with this post but I see the J Crew one is the stronger contender. I think you would suit both - you should get both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a bit trigger happy last night and purchased the JCrew one with the Tippi jumper in grey......grey,grey and grey....no excitement here, which is also on my wish list. So see how my little shopping budget is next month.... I do need to scratch the itch with the Whistles one, because I really like it because of the traditional v stiching....watch this space.

      Delete
  4. Light grey can be an easy colour to wear and you made the right choice. I like the touch of glamour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was the glam factor that sealed it for me. It got purchased last night.... Yes you are right in saying grey is such an easy colour to wear. X

      Delete
  5. Love your J brands in the last pic. Now as to sweatshirts....I am still in the undecided camp. As with so much else, I'm usually the last one to get on the bandwagon with these things. A bit like boyfriend jeans. I do like your selection though, time for a trying on session! Number 4 is my fav I think - trust it to be Current/Elliot @ £££!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those J Brands have served me so well 50% sale bargain in NYC a few years back. Try the sweatshirts, I am normally one of the last on the bandwagon also but I am going to try and embrace this trend early. Yes the current/elliott one is lush isn't it, I like the contrast rolled up sleeves. Have a lovely weekend . X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest