Wednesday, 9 October 2013

The Tippi Sweater

My love affair with the Tippi began last year, I was fed up with jumpers that went bobbly or were too warm for me ( I get all itchy and irritable when I overheat in a jumper that is too thick for me. ) I much prefer a thinner knit or if money was flowing, cashmere. The high street are doing some great cashmere these days and I do have some pieces from Gap, Uniqlo and M&S ( in my opinion M&S being the best quality out of the 3 - I like their men's V-neck, as the ladies styles are little fuddy for me, last year they only did a polo neck or cowl ) Pure Collection cashmere is slightly more expensive than the high street options, there is however always a 20% discount code knocking around, but their cashmere is fabulous quality and so worth the money, I have a grey oversize cardigan that I have had for years!!

Getting back to J.Crew's Tippi, it is in my favoured wool if not cashmere, Merino. It has my favoured arm length, bracelet length. It has however a crew neck, now, I stopped buying crew necks several years ago after watching Trinny and Suzanna, remember them? Well one of their rules which I followed was - big bust always wear a V-Neck and never a crew neck. Now, I do feel slimmer in a V-neck so I tried the Tippi thinking it wouldn't suit me. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't look all boobs.......I think the cut of the jumper helps and the detailing in the crew neck line.

The colours are always gorgeous, the one I purchased last year was neon pink, which was brave for me and I love it.


It doesn't bobble and I take no notice of the wash instructions of dry clean, I hand wash it in Woolite and it has retained it's shape and size perfectly.

Here I am wearing my neon pink one early September, for a little lunch date with my friend.


I have just purchased another one in grey, I now have the Tippi bug! Now they are £80ish which some of you may think is a little expensive, Boden do something very similar, the Merino Crew Jumper and at £59 is slightly more affordable.


Here I am yesterday wearing the grey one


Jumper - J Crew Tippi here
Jeans - Topshop Jamie ankle grazers
Coat - Massimo Dutti ( old )
Shoes - Russell & Bromley

See you Friday for the next in My ♥ Series.

Xx

11 comments:

  1. Love the Tippi, don't know it at all but always a fan of bracelet sleeves, might try to pick it up at a steal price on ebay.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh there is always a few on ebay, I think Tracey from allwornout blog as purchased some of her Tippi's on there. Good luck. xx

      Delete
  2. You look fab ... love the grey with the coat! I used to buy all v neck but am loving J crew this year so might invest in the Tippi:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really a great jumper Anne, don't know if you can get Boden in Southern Ireland but theirs are very similar. That coat is a few years old but look alike Joseph Lisa and a lot cheaper. xx

      Delete
  3. I remember Trinny and Suzannah saying that but it never put me off, I like a crew neck and I think a v neck draws more attention to your bust personally - and I don't want to do that! I also like a lightweight knit, the boden spot is perfect and love the sleeve length as I have short arms - well short everything! The pink looks gorgeous, love it, must stop reading as I am beginning to want everything you buy! Loved the Moda In Pelle by the way, some great colours and fab reviews. We are wedding dress shopping on Friday, so am waiting to buy anything else in case I need to put a deposit on a dress! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Wedding dress shopping, I had the most amazing time ever doing that...... good luck!

      Delete
  4. I have so few jumpers and definitely no crew necks but seeing the pink and grey on you, I'm tempted to try. I also like how Boden have styled theirs with a shirt underneath. Shall try on next time I'm shopping. It's nice to have a closer fitting top half when wearing boyfriend jeans and I've definitely got a gap in my winter wardrobe in that regard x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like Boden's styling with the shirt also and agree with you they work great with boyfriends, especially when worn with heels xx

      Delete
  5. The Tippi's look really good but I haven't bitten the bullet yet. Love your simple styling on both - they are so plain that they can take just about any accessory thrown with them. Love the black (Chanel?) necklace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was Chanel Sue, old M&S plastic that I did a DIY job on and shortened it. x

      Delete
    2. Well I won't tell. It looks a lot like a Chanel camelia from here.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest