Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Casual Mondays.....


So, what do you wear to Mummy & Toddler group on a Monday morning, when you need something for sitting on a church village hall floor and running after your 1 year old who wants to investigate everything! Also, when you are carrying a few extra pounds ( too much pinching the kids leftovers and wine from me the last two weeks - diet started again ) I wanted something comfortable to wear.

I haven't worn this type of outfit for a while......got fed up with long cardigan and scarf combo as I wore it a lot when pregnant. Today, this type of outfit felt ideal and I forgot how useful and comfy it is for a normal busy mummy day............

Cardigan, Whistles ( very old, even has the old pink logo label ) / T-Shirt, J Crew / Scarf, Alice by Alice Temperley / Jeans, River Island Ponte Black Skinnys A/W12 / Trainers, Ash

I find a grey long cardigan so useful, it can be worn like I have above or over dresses, which is a look I really love!

Image via Pinterest

My Whistles cardigan is cashmere and has lasted me for years, a real investment buy, so here are my favourite grey cashmere boyfriend cardigans available now, I have also picked some scarves, Atterley Road have a wonderful collection to suit all budgets, plus I find they make great presents ( there are some gorgeous ones at around £30 ) plus click here for Atterley Road 25% discount till midnight 1st Dec quote FRIENDS25 

Unqilo Cashmere Grey V-Neck long Cardigan £79.90 / Pure Collection Cashmere Boyfriend Cardigan £179 (30% off discount code about) 


Leather leggings I think can look great with a long cashmere cardigan, they aren't me however, I tried the coated M&S ones recommend on a few blogs, I tried them on, looked good from the front, felt a great fit on bum/waist, all very promising and then I turned around for the rear view....... Oh dear it looked like I had black bin bags wrapped around my legs.....just didn't suit my little legs at all.

Final thought.......I am missing those biker boots..... I thought I didn't need, I think they would of looked good with my outfit today.........I may off found a pair I like, tempted to hit buy it button now or should I wait to try them on again when I visit Liverpool hopefully near the end of the week.....details to follow! 

See you next time with that day dress post, as promised.

Xx

10 comments:

  1. Great look! It's hard to find something, toddler friendly and stylish sometimes, but this look is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard isn't , you want to look put together but also want comfort! X

      Delete
  2. I love a warm long cardigan! Anything grey is also good! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes grey is a wonderful colour just seems to go with most things. X

      Delete
  3. Fab outfit! Love the Pure Collection cardi, it is more classic in style. I might have to get mine out, haven't worn it for ages x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey, yes I would love that pure collection one! X

      Delete
  4. I would love a grey cardigan for a change as I have two black ones that I wear all the time.Hope you are enjoying the week:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am Anne busy but good! I like your fur gilet on your blog today .... Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a grey cardigan - infact that's the one cardigan which gets loads of hammer from me. Mine's a grey Uniqlo cashmere one and it's nearly perfect apart from it doesn't have pockets! But that's probably a good thing as it stops me jamming my hands in and spoiling and dragging the wool.

    I've tried the M&S coated jeggings/jeans and they weren't too bad actually but I refuse to look at my backside in them. What my backside looks like when I'm wearing something like that is not really an issue for me as I always try to find the longest biggest thing I can to hide it. Oh and I have the Next coated ones. It wasn't my intention to get them but it's a long story which I'll spare you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen the Next ones.... will investigate. The M&S really did look ok from the front but seemed to ruffle on my thighs at the back........ bin bags.....funny.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest