Thursday, 28 November 2013

Christmas Day dresses

I like to wear a dress on Christmas Day, many of my old Christmas day dresses I still have, a Missoni one I got as a bargain, a Joseph black number and that's why I like day dresses, they are so much more versatile than lets say a cocktail/evening dress, if you pick wisely they can be dressed up or down. Last year, I was still carrying some baby weight and I wanted one that would also work for a funeral I needed to attend late November and also a Christening. So I was looking for a dark colour and a tunic style with no waist to flatter and fit the extra mummy tummy I had at the time. The one I went for was this Whistles Navy tunic dress, it wouldn't of been my 1st choice, a little boring but it has really served me well, so useful now for the odd office day I do at work (.....you see versatility.)

Dress, Whistles (A/W12) Boots, Russell & Bromley
A couple of Christmas's ago I purchased this Reiss knitted pale grey dress that again I can dress up with heels or wear for Sunday Lunch with my flat Stuart Weitzman boots for example.

Dress, Reiss / Belt, Jigsaw Similar here /Boots, Russell & Bromley

worn with my Christian Louboutin Mary Jane's
There are some gorgeous day dresses out there this season, I really like this Reiss dress very French designer could be Maje or Sandro. I like the knitted top and skirt effect.

Reiss Houston Knit & Jersey Dress £185
I must say I like a Red dress for Christmas, always looks very festive!

Jaeger Boutique Scallop Hem Jersey Dress £80

Whistles Red Structured dress £110

Atterley Road have some fabulous day dresses, here are my favourite ones plus they have 25% off till midnight on the 1st December.

Ganni Windsor Ruby Shift Dress £120 (25% off here quote Friends25)


Second Felmale Lucca Jersey Dress £90 (25% off here quote Friends25)
This Hobbs dress will give you that Christmas sparkle look which you may like but in a more understated chic kind of way.

Hobbs NW3 Carlotta Dress reduced to £111 at present

I think all the above would look great with opaque tights, ankle booties, heels or even flats. Note, also I have picked dresses with no restrictive waistbands so you can eat and drink to your hearts content on Christmas Day in one of the above little numbers and still be comfy but stylish for when you collapse on the sofa for the Christmas movie. 

This one is different to my choices above but the Boho girl in me LOVES it!!!

Hoss Intropia Printed Paisley Dress £195 (25% off here quote Friends25)
Are you a Christmas day dress type of girl or do you prefer the festive jumper???

Xx

9 comments:

  1. I don't do dresses on Christmas day as I am always the one doing the cooking and always ruin my clothes with hot fat! I don't wear a festive jumper either, although a bit of glittery thread or a sequin or two normally do the trick! It would be nice to go out and dress up but we tried it once and was so disappointed with the meal, it cost us a fortune and was no way as good as homemade. My apple shape demands a dress with no waistband, so always go for a shirt style, in fact just last night I ordered the Pied A Terre Cocoon dress from HOF in their brand event as it will serve me well for any occasion x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes tried eating out once also..... not for us! I did have an accident last year with my whipped cream for my trifle . .... Good job I was wearing my festive apron!!! X

      Delete
  2. I always go for a dress at Christmas, which is a surprise as I hardly ever wear a dress during the day at any other point! I love the reiss dress here - absolutely gorgeous! I'm looking for an interview outfit, but like you want something that will multi task - I think the Reiss one might be a bit short for an interview though? Bother cus I love it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not that short, saw it today and it is gorgeous a prefect multi task dress! X

      Delete
  3. I wore a tweed shift dress last year and nearly passed out with the heat in the kitchen. I still feel only half dressed though if I'm wearing anything else. I am so tempted by that Ganni ruby number!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the ruby Ganni one, such I great dress and can be changed with different footwear & accessories...... Love it!

      Delete
  4. I actually really like the Whistles shirt dress - totally my kind of thing. I never seem to wear dresses in the winter - its the whole tights thing which I can't get my head around. Having said that, I might put a dress on next week when I go in to school - I've volunteered to help for a day. Part of me says "fool" but I'm just a nosey parker really.

    The Reiss dress is cute. Love that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. out of all my dresses that Whistles Navy Shirt dress has been worn the most.....so that says something I must like it. Yes, that would be me nosey parker..... The Reiss Dress is cute isn't it.... might look for that in the sales.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest