Friday, 15 November 2013

Lacey Delights

Well party season is slowly creeping upon us, I have one Christmas party to attend and then another in early January for my friend's 40th, both black tie. Now, I would love a long dress but know it will forever be hanging in my wardrobe afterwards so I am going to go for a knee length cocktail dress, possibly lace. I have often talked about my love affair with broderie anglaise for the summer but I also love lace, in fact one of my friends was very surprised I didn't wear any lace on my wedding day ( a Jenny Packham Grecian number won me over) I may have worn a little lace if I would of got married in the UK rather than Spain.
For my little girls Christening by Sister in Law wore the beautiful DVF Zarita lace dress in the champagne colour and looked absolutely gorgeous.  The winter colour ways of this dress are in a navy and a rich wine colour, now there are many look a likes around and the Adrianna Papell is virtually an exact copy! (available in Navy and a Red.) 

DVF Zarita Dress in Navy / Adrianna Papell long Sleeve Lace Dress 
 

Marks and Spencer have done a look alike also! Here, I tried this on, great dress but the colour did nothing for me , a draining purple. Now, when I visited Liverpool I had a quick look at the lace dresses available ( there are lots out there )  below are my favourites from my two favourite shops for dresses, Whistles and Reiss.
 
Whistles Malou Lace Sleeve Dress £165 / Reiss Fern Lace Dress £225 / Whistles Dark Green Rebecca Dress £175 / Reiss Swift Guipure Lace Dress £195


In M&S again on Monday I spotted this as I walked in, a show stopper red number by Per Una no less, it is their speziale range. This dress appears in their Christmas advert, so I thought I try it on for research purposes.



Per Una Speziale lace dress


My verdict, a gorgeous dress on the hanger but I felt distinctly mumsy in it. 

I just love Whistles for dresses, they also do lace so well, their cut and style are more younger. This dress I loved from their Christmas range last year but I had a 10 week old baby and wasn't going anywhere, so it was just admired from my iPad in between feeds and nappy changes. I love that fact that it is Navy and Black, the two colours we have been told in the past not to mix but they actually work together and I have found it on Ebay, should I go for this one, as it is a more realistic price point for my budget.

So do you need a party dress, do you like lace dresses like me, play safe with Black or like to light up the room in colour or maybe sequins are your thing???

Have a lovely weekend. Xx

10 comments:

  1. That Adrianna Papell dress is identical to the DVF number! I haven't tried on any lace dresses recently,must take a look when out shopping over the weekend:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is nt it? You wonder how they can get away with copying the designers so much! X

      Delete
  2. I think if I were you, I'd get the ebay one, you are bound to love it and think what you can buy with the change! Agree about the Per Una looking Mumsy, not the right cut is it but agree looks fab on the hanger. I'll tell you who do have a nice black (or pink) lace dress and that is East and it's £99. I've just seen it because I've been asked to pick something to review and it's not a mumsy style. The trouble is I can't bear being mumsy either and I am in that age bracket now (well almost) lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ebay one is top of the list, like it and it fits into my budget, at this time of year everything gets so expensive. I have 2 birthdays this month and my little boy is 4 in Dec and he is inviting everybody to his Star Wars party so there will be no change left! I will check out that east one. X

      Delete
  3. Love love love lace, but total snob about quality. I checked out zara today as their lace slips looked fab in pics, but was cheap and nasty nylon. Go for dvf and keep forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw them online.....no good for me as I need a bra! I do love lace , gorgeous isn't it! I do like the DVF was a big fan a few years ago.. I had quite a few wrap dresses but I sold them and just kept my favourite 2.....just don't have the £280 to spend on a dress at the mo. X

      Delete
  4. hi fashion mum...I´m the fashion granny ;-)))

    I like the red dress so much, buy it!!!
    greetings from germany
    http://fashionomionblog.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he...... Thank you for your comments and follow.... It is a lovely dress but just not me. X

      Delete
  5. I love lace,mp my wedding dress was lace, as was my mums 30odd years ago and it still looks fab. I think you should definitely go for the whistles one, it will be timeless so you should get years out of it. I've been looking for a lace cocktail dress for years but have only liked the really expensive ones, although whistles isn't far behind with theirs. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do really like the whistles dark green Rebecca dress as well, with the dark green a bit difference from black. The expensive ones are beautiful but as you say Whistles are the best in the next category. X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest