Monday, 11 November 2013

New purchase alert!

Remember my Autumn/Winter wish list contained a Petit Bateau breton. Well I have purchased Petit Bateau for my children but never for myself, I was going to get their traditional heavy jersey Mariniere until I saw this in Octobers issue of Red, just thought the two tone colour of the stripes was something a little different to add to my breton collection. 
The quality is just excellent and everything is finished of with beautiful grosgrain ribbon.

Here I am wearing it for the first time on Saturday morning, with simple skinnies and ballet pumps.

Petit Bateau Mariniere with contrast stripes £70


For my appointment at the beauticians ( a must needed eyebrow wax & tint plus a top lip wax before anybody thought I was sporting a Movember moustache ) I threw on my Burberry mac and Mulberry bayswater for that classic look I love.

Top, Petit Bateau / Mac, Burberry / Jeans, Topshop / Shoes, R&B / Bag, Mulberry
Then in the afternoon we went on a family walk and I swapped footwear and coat, then we made a little detour for a glass of vino at our local Italians to order take out pizzas for a night of Strictly and X-Factor, once home then the jeans came off, the navy lounge pants got put on but the Breton stayed on for its 3rd look of the day..........that is why I love a breton they so versatile.

Coat, Barbour  Here / Hat, Urban Outfitters  Here / Boots R&B.
So if you want the ultimate breton it has to be a Petit Bateau in my opinion it beats everything else I have or ever had in my stripy collection. 

Thanks for reading xx

10 comments:

  1. I really like the fact it is different, I sold a few of mine I was so bored of them all being the same! Looks fab on x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yes, just that small touch makes a difference. X

      Delete
  2. Hi Annmarie, just found your blog and love it! I'm also a WIT fan �� Laura's style, and I'm a mummy to a 9 month yr old little girl so lots in common : ) loving the Petit Bateau breton, looks great on you. How do you find the sizing? French brands always seem to come up small I think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you very much, it is so lovely to hear people read it only never mind like it.....the sizing I was a bit unsure of this is labeled as a M, with it being described as slightly A line I thought I could get away with, I am normally a 12 on top. With kids they come up very small in case you wish to order for your little girl. Xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the sizing tip - gave in to temptation and purchased this top! Really flattering fit and you're right the quality is fab. Planning to pair it with skinny jeans and my new leopard print trainers ; ) http://instagram.com/p/g3bRm_tdXv/

      Delete
    3. They are fab aren't they, they wash brilliant too! Looks great by the way on your Instagram x

      Delete
  3. Another brand to add to my stripe top list! Have a great week:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I am very pleased with it, really recommend the brand, great quality! Xx

      Delete
  4. I've never actually had anything from Petit Bateau but this looks like a lovely purchase. A Breton with a twist.

    And you are so good at your purchases - quite refined and well thought out - not like me - all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first year I have thought things out normally I am like you say - all over the place. After my wardrobe cull last year I made a promise to make sell to be more sensible with my purchases .... seems to be working...... so far ! Glad am not by a H&M tomorrow for the marant launch but there is always online feel I need to buy something from it... That's the old Annmarie in me buy buy ....

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest