Monday, 9 December 2013

Father Christmas Visits ......

 
We went to see Father Christmas on Sunday, I must admit since becoming a Mummy it has to be one of my favourite events you do, it just makes me smile and brings back lovely memories of my own childhood. For the last 3 years we have visited him at Rufford Old Hall, the National Trust organise it really well, I have never had to stand in a queue and the gifts are always very good, tailored to the child's age.

We had a bit of a disaster going N isn't to well with a cold and took a coughing fit in the back of the car and was sick, bless him, those moments when you shout to one another, have you got the wipes...... wipes?!! Anyway, after a good clean up from Nanna he was ready to see him armed with his letter...... L was slightly unsure of the man in red with the funny beard and Mummy had to get on the picture. 

We made the morning of it and had a look around the house and grounds and then had a lovely lunch in the tearooms. 

Just a few of my Instagram shots of our enjoyable morning at Rufford,


A tradition that my Mum just to do when I was little, I always got to wear my new Christmas coat for my trip to see Father Christmas ( so I would look good in the photos.....I think! ) so I have carried on this tradition for Nanna and the kids were in their new coats ......



Zara Tweed Coat with ears £39.99


Joules Boys Rutledge Quilted Coat £49.95

I love kids clothes hope you don't mind me including them in the odd post, now and then. My love of kids clothes means less money gets spent on me these days.... So Mummy's coat wasn't new .....no mine was a 3 year old favourite ( which features a lot in this blog! )

Coat, Massimo Dutti / Scarf, Missoni / Jumper, J Crew Tippi / Jeans, Topshop / Boots R&B / Bag, Mulberry here / Boots, R&B /Hat, Urban Outfitters

A good quality camel coat is on my ultimate wish list in the form of a Maxmara..... but I do love a grey coat and this Massimo Dutti wool wrap coat has to be one of my best buys ever .... I like a wrap coat and have lusted after a Joseph Lisa Wrap Coat for years and this Dutti one was a cheaper alternative. Zara did two gorgeous grey wrap coats this season, this one being my favourite....

Zara Wrap Coat
Guess what..... It is now sold out. An alternative..... a bit more pricey but totally gorgeous again, grey and camel combined.... Love it...

Jaeger Double Faced Mid Length Coat in Grey reduced from £350 to £250

While I was sat next to Santa I should of give him my ultimate wish list, shouldn't I ..... Dear Santa, Please may I have a Maxmara Coat ( or this Jaeger one would do nicely ) Birkin handbag ............... oh the list would go on and on!

Thanks for reading 

Xx

P.s Do you have Christmas traditions like our new coat/Santa visit thing?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures honey. Can't say a new coat was ever one of my traditions with the kids but I never really took them to see Santa! Love the coats you have chosen, I am currently on the hunt for a camo parka with fur trimmed hood for Chazzie, got it in my head he needs one but aren't any in the whole world it seems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the camo parka something you have designed in your own head? ...... and may be that's why you can't find one for Charlie? I often do that.........and spend the whole day looking for something that isn't there. My mum used to do the new PJ's as well like you do for Christmas Eve, you see I am the only one so I was spoilt! I haven't carried on that tradition as my sister in law gets them new ones for Christmas so they wear their new ones Christmas night. Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest