Friday, 27 December 2013

My Christmas outfits and sale buys

Christmas Eve I entertained my In-laws for lunch then off we went to Mass for 6pm with the kids and my Mum which to my shock was standing room only 'where are they each week ' my mum said, she was a bit put out she couldn't get her normal pew. I thought I would wear a all Brit affair including my new Topshop hat which I got when I went to get my hair done the day before, it was the last one left in the colour I wanted.... I was over the moon, as I thought they had all gone and I was just leaving the store and saw one on its own by the earrings....somebody must of had second thoughts about it before they vacated the store, their lost my gain.

Hat, Topshop Pom Cable Beanie £14  / Trench & Scarf, Burberry /  Boots, R&B / Bag, Mulberry
 
Once home the Christmas rituals were done ( which I really enjoy ) and I read them 'the night before Christmas'....... Once they were fast asleep, which didn't take long, hubby and I cracked open a bottle of white and enjoyed a delicious M&S seafood platter, bliss. I wore my Hush PJ's for the occasion which were a Christmas present from last year.... they are so cosy, love them!


Vintage Rose Pj's £49.50

My Christmas Day outfit included a few  purchases that have featured on my blog over the last few weeks.
 
Tippi Jumper, J.Crew / Necklace, Wallis / lace Skirt, Jaeger / Shoes, Christian Loubtouin (old)

Hubby looked after the starter and the star turn the 'Turkey' and I did the rest..... My dessert always goes down well, I have done this Boozy winter trifle with Ameretti the last few Christmas's, the recipe is by Gizzi Erskine and I think I found it in the fashion magazine.... InStyle a few years back. It's a great lazy girl pudding, a bit of whipping and construction and Voilà you have a fabulous dessert. 
 
Unfortunately Boxing Day and this morning it was my work uniform..... Boooo!! Oh well, I can't complain it is the 1st Christmas I have worked for over 5 years, due to leave, pregnancy ( lucky for us hostee's we don't fly during our pregnancies) or Maternity leave, so I suppose it was my turn!

Anyway, I hope your Christmas was a festive and happy one, with lots of nice gifts. What did you all wear and more importantly have you hit the sales yet? 

I have made two cheeky purchases, I will share details over the weekend, I promise. 

Xx

4 comments:

  1. Love those Hush pyjamas honey, I was eyeing up their gift sets before Christmas but Santa didn't bring me one, nor the cashmere beanie that was on my list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are fab, tempted to get another pair, as Santa didn't bring a pair this year, I did do quite well.... My mum took notice of my Christmas gift guide bless her. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the necklace in your Christmas day outfit. Ooo the Loubs look really nice with the cross strap !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest