Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Sale Wardrobe Essentials - Part Deux

So here is the second part of my sales Wardrobe Essentials.....

5. The Leather Jacket

An item I've struggled to find, one that was within my price range and two, one I don't  look like Suzie Quatro in. The best I have found that are not designer have always been in Whistles but the meanies haven't reduced any by much, if at all. Another leather jacket I always look at is the one Baukjen do each season and they have been generous and reduced theirs.

6. Simple Court Shoe

I think a pair of black or navy plain court shoes is a necessity and of course the leg lengthening nude heel, now I would wish for the Jimmy Choo 24/7 icon range  but there are great look a likes out there, one being the Whistles 75 French stiletto court shoes, which I have featured before. The naughty people at Whistles haven't put these in the sale either, just a silver pair. I am a bit of a shoe snob and I do like good quality shoe and my feet prefer all leather, trust me! So my picks are all from LK Bennett with that Jimmy Choo vibe.

7. The Perfect T-Shirt

I finally found my perfect T-Shirt thanks to WIT blog and I am a huge fan of the J Crew vintage crew neck T-Shirt. A grey t-shirt just goes about with everything.

J Crew V Neck Vintage T-Shirt reduced to £20.50

Another wardrobe staple tee is the Breton and this kids one I got from Boden is now £5.60 in the sale.

Boden Boat Neck top £5.60

As I mentioned in yesterday's post the sale time is a great time to purchase brands that are a little expensive before and brands like Petit Bateau is such a brand, this great striped sweatshirt is in the sale. 

Petit Bateau Sailor Striped Sweatshirt £80 to £56

8. The Blazer

I have a great Black blazer from Jigsaw that I think is over 4 years old but I would like a good quality Navy one, I do have a Zara Navy one but it is a little short and creases, I find Navy can be more versatile than black. If money was no object you would look at Stella McCartney's sale for the perfect blazer, but I have found this great one from Jigsaw, nice leather detail to it and very similar to the cut of Stella's.
9. Bag

Sale time is definitely the time to buy a designer bag, I am lucky to have a few but I am missing a small cross body bag and would I love one in a bright colour.....The Celine Trio being out of my league but Oh how I wish I had a spare £225 for this Anya Hindmarch Gracie. 

Just a tip from me, always test the weight of a bag, if it's heavy without anything in it, imagine when you get your stuff in it. About 6 years ago I purchased a Chloe bay bag which was half price in the Selfridges sale and I was blinded about the fact it was HEAVY ( I love Chloe Bags but I do find that they are very heavy empty) well I purchased it nevertheless as I was 'sale over the moon'  with my 50% deducted designer bag and then once my stuff was in, purse, umbrella, make up necessaries and phone, oh dear it was like taking a weekend luggage bag out with me daily........Heavy! I sold it on Ebay last year and it funded my Mulberry Effie which I purchased in last years sale, now I researched this one prior to the sales, I wanted a large bag to fit nappies/wipes and other baby stuff in which was light as a feather empty and I found that in the Effie.

10. Jeans

I think finding your perfect jeans is like gold, in a past life I had a love affair with 7 with all mankind jeans and that was then the fashion to wear designer jeans. I was lucky, I had a friend who flew for BA and would get me them in America for half the price. Then, recently I went back to the high street for jeans, Zara and Topshop and I do find them great. But, I have had my eye on MIH jeans for awhile and I fancied the Paris Cropped, they seemed perfect for me....Cropped for my short legs, mid rise and not to skinny.

So, perusing Anthropology's sale I saw that they were half price in the dark blue colour way I wanted..... so the rest of my sale pennies were spent.
 
 


 
Have you purchased any bargains yet? 

My sale tips, 
  • Sign up for email updates at your favourite stores. 
  • Or follow them on Instagram - this one doesn't clog up your email inbox! 
  • And follow your favourite top bloggers - they get to know about the sales before they happen.
Finally, remember only buy want you, love, want and need. 

I am off now to celebrate new year at my brother-in-law's, 5 couples with 10 kids between us all, wish us luck, if anything it should be good fun and then we are going for a few days to the Lake District, can't wait to start 2014 in one of our favourite places and to try and walk off the excess Christmas pounds caused by too many Heston's mince pies!!!
Wishing you all a Happy New Year, let's hope 2014 is full of lovely things for us all! 

Annmarie xx

5 comments:

  1. We are so singing from the same hymn sheet with sales investment purchases. Lovely pics here hun, my middle daughter got a great leather biker jacket in the sale x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike Honey!! I think that is what you are best doing... invest with classic pieces also there are some great swimwear on places like Matches if you want to plan ahead for the summer. xx

      Delete
  2. Forgot to message u yesterday, I saw red repettoes on my Theresa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checked them thanks none in my size!

      Delete
  3. That jacket is beautiful and it looks great on you!
    mens fitted leather jackets

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest