Sunday, 26 January 2014

New Purchase Alert - New Balance 420 In Grey

So the big question was......did they fit? The answer was YES........yeahhh, I would say its a good job I am a small 4. I do take a 3.5 36EU in a good make shoe, so if you are considering them they run about half a size small.

New Balance in Vintage Grey £60

Notice the tags are still on because the next question was did I like them and would they work with my wardrobe......
As soon as I opened the box I loved the colour combination and they went lovely with my grey J Brand cargo pants and grey does feature a lot in my wardrobe so that was a yes too ....



As I wrote in my last post here I got my confidence for buying them from the Pinterest image of the girl in her Trench mac, so I tried to re-create this look as best I could ..... I don't have the Neverfull tote yet nor the white cropped skinnies but here goes......in my Burberry Trench and J Brand cargos. 

The photo shoot was a bit of disaster it was windy, the photographer ( my mum ) cold and moaning that her own hair was getting messed up, then L woke up from her afternoon nap........ so here are two of the best. 


Trying to control ones hair
Just point away from the winds direction

Like a child with new shoes .... I couldn't wait to wear them and out I went ... ran some errands then onto pre-school pick up in my new treds, which are very comfy indeed....

on their 1st school run

A hit I personally think..... so if you think you can not do NB's due to age or style confidence ( Sharron that includes you my love as well ) then think again as Miss Prim here the 41 year old ballet pump queen is quite taken with them. 

Thanks for reading.

Annmarie xx

20 comments:

  1. Have been following your quest for trainer chic and I think you've nailed it. They look great and, didn't think trainers could look chic, but you've managed to make them look just that. What about the cold ankles though? On your Ash flats I have to say I have the prune version but in the high tops and have to say I love them. I think the plimsoll version are harder to wear in winter whereas skinny jeans sit nicely on the higher ones, somehow the gap between the jeans and trainers that looks so chic is just not so cool with the low rise Ash (don't know if I'm making any sense or am just rambling!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love ASH and often lusted after them on Kat from DMBL40, I think I should of got prune like yours or the gunmetal something that wasn't so solid plus also I should of got them in the high tops because I know what your are trying to say.... you make perfect sense. Thank you for your comment xx Oh the cold ankles have been ok so far......

      Delete
  2. I am teetering so on the edge I just can't decide if I should be a follower or not for the NB trainer?
    You have styled them brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you........go on be a devil and become a follower. x

      Delete
  3. I am really pleased with my burgundy or is it claret and black version. I sized up

    I am going to wear mine with skinnies and my Joseph man coat which is grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like the sound of your Joseph grey man coat very chic and stylish.... x

      Delete
  4. Well I have to say that is the chicest trainer look I've seen so far - there's a pair of trainers out there for everyone isn't there? And I think you interpretated your Pinterest look so well - it's nice to take the inspiration but not too literally. You must also have had a lucky day for your shoot - we've had non stop rain - it's welly weather here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, I am a person really who only wears trainers at the gym although I don't go there anymore so this is a big fashion step for me and yes there is a pair for everyone.... so many styles and colours to choose . We dodged the rain.... we are quite lucky where we live by the coast it blows over us to poor the Ribble Valley and Yorkshire! x

      Delete
  5. Superb! They look fantastic on you and love how you have styled with your mac! Bet you're glad you took the plunge! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle, very happy I took the plunge, I have worn them again today to playgroup. x

      Delete
  6. Ha Ha love it! Oh Anne Marie you look gorgeous in them and guess what I was moaning to the hubby about them on Saturday and he said "look I'll buy them for you" so I went online and the lack of size 6's means they have not yet been purchased along with the decision over the 420's or the 410s.410's in black were available on Saturday, for me grey, burgundy or black I think. I shall check again today. Well done, you have only made me love them more, you look so good xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Fab, good old Hubby.....I don't think this is too much different between the 410 and 420's they are my favourite two styles. Keep on checking they refresh the sizes & colours all the time on New Balance and ASOS got more in last Friday. x

      Delete
  7. Oh I LOVE these trainers...such a gorgeous shade of grey & they look wonderful how you've styled them with your mac. Annmarie you're making me even more tempted!! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jane, I really like the grey and I am looking forward to wearing them with white jeans. The styling really came from that image on good old Pinterest, I think you would look great in a pair and if you do take the plunge I look forward to seeing your styling!!! x

      Delete
  8. Oh I think the only reason one wouldn't do Nikes is if it wasn't their style. Age? What age? ;) The colour really is great and we also seem to share the same shoe size. :)
    Happy stylish walking! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am not normally hung on my age but with the trainer thing I was..... Silly. X

      Delete
  9. I agree you make the trainers look so chic, love them with the trench, styled to perfection x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look, grey is the perfect colour, you look better than that pinterest image! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. aahh thank you...... I don't think I would go that far but I am so happy with the grey colour.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest