Friday, 10 January 2014

So we started off with a bang

Our Fabulous Fireworks

We started 2014 off with a bang at my brother in law's fabulous New Years Eve Party with some amazing fireworks. My brother and sister in law are wonderful hosts but this particular party they excelled themselves and I was left very much looking forward to 2014. 

Following the party we travelled the short distance up the M6 to the beautiful Lake District, we like to take a short holiday this time of year to recover from the hectic month of December and Christmas. 




This was our home for the first few days in January, Miners Cottage in Coniston which had fabulous views of the Lake.


Lake Coniston


We enjoyed some nice walks and carried on the indulgence of the Christmas eating and had a few nice meals out ( my waistline is showing the after effects for sure now! )


The Queen's Head, Hawkshead


My Delicious Scallop Starter 


Our wardrobe mostly consisted of these guys.


Our Wellies ( John Lewis, Hunter and Le Chameau )



I do love a bit of country wear.

Hat, Urban Oufitters / Scarf, Burberry / Coat, Barbour here / Jeans, Topshop / Boots, Hunter  here

After spending a few days in rural bliss, I would love to add to my country wear. Boot wise I have Hunter Wellies, I do love them, they are slightly more expensive than others but I've had mine for many years so worth every penny in my book, great for the wet weather we have recently experienced but if you go for more substantial walks you may need something more sturdy and warmer.




When Hubby and I did live more rural a few years back, one Christmas we treated each other to a pair of Dubarry boots. I made a BIG mistake and changed my mind at the last minute and asked for the Clare instead of the original Galway. Now the Clare were slightly uncomfortable to say the least and rubbed on my ankle bone. 

Dubarry Clare £325 - SHOP NOW

If you look on eBay ( and that's where mine went, luckily I didn't lose that much money as they are much sought after) you will find lots of  Clare's saying ' runs small ' which they do, I found them very tight around the ankle and I would say go up at least half a size because they are the perfect country to city boot. I personally regretted not getting the Galway as my mum always says never change your mind when choosing your horse when betting.


Coats, I never did get that parka with a hood I blogged about this winter but in a outdoor shop in Hawshead I found the perfect coat with a hood, 


Barbour Bonnington Waxed Hooded Jacket

Earmarked for next winter, Hubby can get this for my Birthday in September ( Iam a Virgo, I like to plan ahead. )

If you think a Barbour can't be fashionable just look at Alexa Chung working hers........

Loving how she wears hers over an evening dress .....

Thanks for reading
Annmarie xx

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Your photos are lovely and it's clear you had a wonderfully relaxing time. I too love country attire and Hunters. Love Liz xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you! We did have a lovely time, great way to start 2014, living in lovely Yorkshire you get to wear your country attire more, you lucky thing!! Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest