Friday, 17 January 2014

The Drunken Duck Inn, Barngates, Ambleside

I am sneaking in another post from our recent visit to the beautiful  Lakes.

The Lake District is a special place for Hubby and I, one of our very first day outs as a courting couple was spent at the lakes and he took me to The Drunken Duck Inn for lunch..... Whow, I fell in love with the place! Then, we returned a year later for a weekend stay and he choose to propose to myself there very discreetly in the bar after a fabulous meal. The romance of the place continued and we spent our first New Years as a married couple there. We haven't been back really since then and we thought we would go with plus 2 this time!!!! 






Source


Source




With plus 2 this time we thought we would just go for lunch in the very cosy bar area, the lunch menu was more extensive than I remembered and they were very accommodating with regards to children food and offered a few tasty options. 


Lunch Menu 12pm to 4pm

Pulled Pork Sandwich with Stuffing, Apple Sauce and Thick Cup Chips
 
 
The Drunken Duck's Ploughman's Lunch comes wrapped in a teacloth


The food was great the glass of bubbly was wonderful and the company of the kids made it another special visit. What did I wear? Well I choose an old classic of mine, a blue stripe ruffle front Ralph Lauren Blue Collection Shirt



Hat, Urban Outfitters / Coat, BarbourAvailable Here / Shirt, Ralph Lauren / Jeans, Zara / Boots, R&B  / Bag, Mulberry 

We had a very enjoyable afternoon and N thought it was very funny when we showed him the table in the window where his Daddy proposed! You can safely say we are both planning our return!

Thanks for reading.

xx


8 comments:

  1. The food looks amazing and I love your shirt. Very country-lady x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The look I was trying to achieve....thank you. The food is good..... especially in the restaurant. X

      Delete
  2. It sounds amazing and looks lovely. What a great story. Ashamed the furthest north I have ever been is Nottingham. I would love to go to the Lakes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do venture up north the Lakes is a must!! X

      Delete
  3. That lunch looks fabulous and I love your outfit:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Anne, cant wait to go back. x

      Delete
  4. Oh that place looks amazing! And I'm loving your country chic...would love a Barbour myself xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had my Barbour for years, throw it in the washer and comes out brand new, fab quality. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest