Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Date Night in a H&M denim shirt


I have been meaning to buy a denim shirt for a while, a wardrobe essential I didn't own. It seems such a versatile piece, you can wear it casual, dress it up. I wear a uniform to work but when I have my office day once a month it would be ideal with black cigarette pants for a smart/casual look, which for me luckily is allowed.

On Saturday I headed to H&M as there is a store in my small town and I often see them in there. There was quite a few they all seemed the same but after trying on I found they were not, some were larger than others, some had sleeves down to my knees, were of different shades and thickness of denim, more distressing than others, you get my drift.

Anyway after trying on about half a dozen I found my perfect one. It felt like it was a shrunken schoolboy fit with shorter arms and body plus a more tailored fit, which I liked. I have tried to find it online and I think this could be it..... Just a little note I sized up. 


I wanted to wear it dressed up for our Date Night that evening, so firstly I added some sparkly earrings



and then my Jaeger lace skirt I got before Christmas, for a touch of glamour I accessorised with my Chanel bag and very old black patent Louboutin's.




Fancy recreating this look with some sale bargains or a vintage beauty??? I couldn't find a black lace skirt that I liked so we've gone for Navy, with a lace skirt I have featured before but this time it's in the sale.




So there you go, the 1st wish list item of this season purchased, I have worn it casually today and have some outfit pictures to share, so see you next time.

Thanks for reading,

Annmarie xx

10 comments:

  1. Love how you've styled the denim shirt with a lace skirt.....genius! The colour of the shirt is fab....I have one from H&M but it's darker....think this lighter shade would be very useful for me come Spring ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to try it, as we normally wear this combination the other way around. I was really pleased with how the outfit worked out! Yes the lighter shade will work well for you in the spring. X

      Delete
  2. I need a new denim shirt....it looks lovely with the lace skirt!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are really versatile aren't they, just wondering why I have waited this long to get one! X

      Delete
  3. I have that shirt, it's so versatile. You look amazing, I love denim paired with lace!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wondering how I have managed without a denim shirt, really happy with it. I really wanted to try the denim with the girly lace, normally it's the other way around denim jeans and lace top isn't it. X

      Delete
  4. I really love the way you have styled your denim shirt. Off to find some lace now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck with your search xx let me know if you get one.

      Delete
  5. I would never have thought of a denim shirt for nighttime - it looks amazing on you! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I don't go out that much to warrant lots of evening wear, so I have to play around with things but this does work doesn't it. xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest