Friday, 14 February 2014

I ❤️ J.Crew

It seemed appropriate that on Valentines I would do another in my ❤️ series.
I like J Crew a lot! When I first visited New York I went into J Crew and wasn't that overly impressed thought it was just another American brand trying to copy Ralph Lauren that was pre Jenna Lyons, the last time I visited NYC was for Hubby's 40th it was a different story and I found my self wanting to return to the store to try on things......she wasn't the president then but the executive creative director and you could tell it was on the way up. Hubby didn't mind, actually he doesn't mind me shopping at all in NYC, he is in his favourite place on earth ( in fact it's the only place he enjoys shopping for himself ) he will happily sit at the bar in Fred's at Barney's following our lunch with a beer or chilled glass of white...... and I can shop within in reason or peruse to my hearts content........ as I am writing this I am thinking we need to go back! 

Anyway, since then Jenna Lyons has turned J Crew's fortune around and it has now become a force in fashion, she herself looks like a model and is painfully stylish.


I love their website, it's easy to navigate, the clothes are styled to perfection, in fact I often go on the site just to get styling inspiration. I think my idea for the denim shirt with the lace skirt was J Crew influenced. They have a similar look online now with an evening skirt, 

 I adore their Tippi jumpers,


Their cropped trousers are their signature look that many others have copied off,

Their V-Neck vintage tee is my perfect T-shirt, last year I purchased a great beach striped maxi dress in the sale. In fact that is my only gripe their success I think has inflated their prices but they have great sale reductions so you just have to stalk the site. Beware, gorgeous things do sell out, including a lace skirt I wanted before Christmas but good old eBay.com normally comes up trumps..... and I bagged it for a third of its price. 

Their statement jewellery is to die for and it was Jenna herself who introduced the statement costume jewellery.... thank you Miss Lyons. 




I have a few things on my J Crew lust list, the school boy blazer in Navy, more vintage V neck t-shirts and beach/swimwear to name a few.

And here I am today in J Crew for lunch with my Valentine, the hubby (as I am working this evening ) wearing my J.Crew bargain skirt,  my 1st purchase of February.

Jumper, J.Crew available here / Necklace, New Look / Skirt, J.Crew similar here / Boots, Russell & Bromley


It is gorgeous navy lace over a black lining.....My lace addiction continues, I know I have my Jaeger black lace skirt but I wanted this as it's a mini and more of a cute shape that will lend its self better to day wear with cashmere jumpers, plus will look nice in spring/summer with bare legs and a simple tee, the J.Crew vintage V-neck of course.  


Wishing you all a Happy Valentines. 

Annmarie xx 

10 comments:

  1. Wow - look at that red satin(?) skirt - that looks wonderful . Love your lacy skirt, and it looks great matched with the pink jersey - Nice look !
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The red skirt is gorgeous isn't it? x

      Delete
  2. You look lovely honey, hope you had a nice lunch x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in that pink jumper, I'm not a pink person but keep seeing lovely pink jumpers and think I'm getting sucked in! Have to say I haven't got caught up in the j crew hype yet, but I've actively avoided it as I know I'll love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, oh yes if you don't want to be hooked stay away! x

      Delete
  4. Love the navy lace over black. Very chic. And I've not yet succumbed to a tippi jumper partly because I'm waiting for another discount code to come at some point and also because I don't know what colour I want!

    Hope you had a lovely date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I liked that also I bit different. There are too many nice ones to choose from...... Yes I would like a discount code to, waiting to order my t-shirts with one. X

      Delete
  5. loving the pink top, J Crew is fab, but not so keen on the Uk pricing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really that's the bit I don't love! As Sue said a discount code is long over due, waiting for one of them to order my bits.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest