Sunday, 2 February 2014

Initial Necklaces

I am not very good with jewellery ...... Apart from my most treasured processions my wedding and engagement ring plus my Rolex all given to me by my hubby I don't own much more.

I have lots of odd earrings like socks, think it's the Sue Ellen in me, remember her in Dallas taking her oversize earrings out to answer the telephone in a drunken haze... Well I take mine out to sleep and seem to lose them along the way???? I lost a diamond pendant from my necklace on route to Malaga once, trying to find a diamond on a Airbus with 180 passengers on was impossible, somebody that day may have got more than a ice and a slice in their G&T! So I had a lovely white gold necklace with nothing on it and I have been meaning to get some initial pendants for it for a while, the initials of my two children N and L as I often refer to them by on this blog. 

It is a trend I have been admiring on many celebs....... 

There are some lovely ones on Etsy website and Laura Fantacci is doing them in her own Greta Collection

via

I got mine made from a local jeweller and I am delighted with them, I couldn't afford the white gold so I opted for silver.

 
 

I love delicate necklaces all mixed up, as a Sex in the City fan I loved Carrie's name necklace.


via


I really like the way Anneli from WhatIBoughttoday wears her Bijoux by DesiF layered, they are also available on Esty


via


Asos, have a lovely collection of gold plated necklaces from the Amercian Jewellery Label Dogeared that can be worn layered.

 
I think I will be looking to expand my collection ...... and hope I don't lose them along the way!

The S/S2014 wish list is nearly complete....... one item has already been purchased on Saturday and worn that evening details to follow in this week's posts......... 

Thanks for reading

Annmarie xx


12 comments:

  1. They are beautiful, what a lovely thing to keep forever, a much better buy than fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have often thought about the amount of money I spent on fashion that I should of spent on keepsakes which are so much more special. x

      Delete
  2. Love your new necklace Annmarie, I've been tempted by one of these for a while but have yet to make the purchase although I do have a bangle with my son's initials & date of birth. Looking forward to seeing what you purchased on Saturday. Jane xx
    www.mymidlifefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really pleased with it Jane...... your bangle sounds special. x

      Delete
  3. I'm exactly the same, my wedding ring and cartier watch are treasured and I wear a couple of silver Tiffany bracelets but never do necklaces unless they are cheap! I lost the Cartier love bangle my hubby bought for my 40th, he kept moaning that I was getting it scratched by wearing it every day, so I took it off as couldn't stand his moaning, we moved house and I never ever found it, I can still see the box sitting on my kitchen shelf in the old house and no it wasn't insured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought I was bad.......Oh Sharron I LOVE the Cartier Love Bangles ...... that is a big loss!! x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the initial charm necklaces are all stunning!(: BTW love your fashion style! Great to find other fashion bloggers in our 40's <3 xoxo. www.fashionphases.co

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just received my silver initial disk necklace from Design today and it's lovely. I really like the key and heart necklace, I think that might be my next wishlist item! Etsy is a great fine, will use it for presents loads in the future, thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely aren't they, on my wish list too! Esty is great lots of lovely gift ideas and a lot cheaper than sites such as notonthehighstreet, which I love also. X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest