Tuesday, 25 February 2014

My Shopping Day

I did say I would see you on Wednesday, but I can not wait to share the following lovely things with you.
 
Last week was half term and Wednesday was a day of total luxury for me, my Mother-in-Law 'Grandma' wanted to see my two and arranged a play date with their big cousins. So I had the day to myself, I was due to get my hair cut ( my hairdressers is in Liverpool City Centre ) and coloured so that was nice, read some luxury magazines and enjoyed good coffee while that was getting done and then onto looking around the shops, total bliss, on my own. Over recent years I have become a Internet shopper but nothing beats shopping itself, entering a shop, looking at the clothes close up and touching.

So an account of my day for you, my first port of call is always WHISTLES.

My search of the leather jacket goes on, not that I have the funds for one at the moment, my plan was to save for the Isabel Marant Kady but she has changed the style and is now called Bradi, I prefer the Kady. I really like Whistles Lita leather jacket and it was in store in a gorgeous navy which I think is less harsh than biker black..... if fact I love this and the price is more affordable at £325, especially as the Marant one has gone up another £70 to £715!

Whistles Lita Jacket £325

In October I have a big family Wedding and this dress would be perfect, it would also be perfect with the above leather jacket worn over it for a night out. This is the type of night outfits I would like, I have dresses that are prim and ladylike but I would like something that is slightly more 'cool' should I say, an alternative to wearing jeans and a dressy top. This dress is so coveted and amazing that although it is new in, it has sold out in most sizes, if you are a size 16 you may be lucky!! 

Whistles Pelt Print Silk Dress £325
Whistles Pelt Print Silk Skirt £280

The skirt option is still available in a few more size options and is so similar to this fabulous Leopard Jacquard Midi Skirt by Adam Lippes from Net a Porter which is a jaw dropping £1065! The Midi Skirt is growing on me and the styling here from Net a Porter is divine. There are lots of other gorgeous Midi Skirts on the high street other than Whistles, Warehouse, Topshop and Next all have some fabulous ones, maybe that's another post?


Then I went across the road to HOBBS, I always head to the NW3 collection which I prefer over their main collections.

I saw these gorgeous Navy ankle boots,

NW3 Otto Ankle Boots £149

and this pretty lace dress, so nice for a Summer Event, such as day at the Races or a Christening.

Hobbs NW3 Circle Lace Dress £179

No shopping trip would be without going into ZARA,

This jacket is on my side bar, things I would like but can't afford. It is actually nicer in real life, its not trimmed in black but dark brown. Looks a little prim here but styled with boyfriends and a t-shirt or lace boho blouse underneath and summer sandals it would look the part.


Zara Blazer £69.99

A gorgeous Marant/Vanessa Bruno look a like top. I tried this on, too short, mummy tummy could be exposed with a short lift of ones arm and we don't want that!!! But the quality is really good which a plus point for Zara these days, so any of you with a toned tummy this is for you, you lucky things!

Zara Embroidered Top £39.99
Zara with Guipur sleeve £29.99

Another lacy blouse that caught my eye, that is more forgiving to the old MT, I told you my eyes are attracted to lace!

Below are the gorgeous blue jeans I first saw on School Run Style, Frances featured them in her blue post. They would look gorgeous with a white top and silver sandals on a summery day.

Zara Biker Trousers £29.99

Cute Red ballets pumps and a good price point.

Ballerina with bow £22.99

Then finally onto JOHN LEWIS, I was looking forward to perusing Jaeger Boutique here but gutted they aren't stocking it anymore in the Liverpool JL. I have a stand alone Jaeger shop in my town but that doesn't have the Boutique range so major disappoint on this. What did I see in John Lewis, well these fab shell tops very similar to the Whistles Structure tee but a fraction of their prices, comes in this useful ivory and a nice pink.

John Lewis £34.00

and finally, what did I wear for my day out,

Coat, Massimo Dutti / Jumper & Skirt, J Crew / Bag, Chanel / Boots, R&B 

It was a nice day going solo but coming home to cuddles was brilliant, yes I was armed with a Disney bag! 

  • I did also have a shopping bag for myself but it was a MAC bag with a just a lippy in, yes that's all I got. 
  • I did go into Mango also, details of that and a review of the Crochet dress I ordered from the Daria Werbowy range will be following soon.
Annmarie xx

14 comments:


  1. Great Post. Lovely Blog.
    I am following your blog. pls follow back,xxx
    BeautyDrugs
    My Blog New Post, Click it to comment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and for the follow, I will be sure to check out your blog. x

      Delete
  2. Hi. I not a usual follower of fashion blogs and I have stumbled across your and have to admit to being a little bit of a copy cat! I don't know wether you have tried these but I have just discovered some fab stripey tops in primark! They are a great shape and a little bit longer. At £3 each worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following my blog and taking the time to comment, I always love reading the comments. I need to look around my local Primark and I will check out the £3 stripe tops as you know we love a stripe top!! Thank you for the tip! xx

      Delete
  3. That is a cracking Whistles leather jacket! How did you resist?! Love the Zara jacket too! Some gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the jacket Gorgeous, If I have would of had the £325 to spare I would of got it in a heart beat! The Zara jacket is nice a love a bit of boucle Chanel look a likely. x

      Delete
  4. The Whistles print dress and skirt are stunning. And I love your shopping outfit - tres chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Maria, aren't they gorgeous, expensive for Whistles but they are worthy of being designer pieces they are that nice! x

      Delete
  5. £325 for a dress from Whistles, they are getting crazy with the prices. If I was spending that amount I'd be looking on the outnet, which I am every day btw and still can't find anything grrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are but this dress and skirt are divine are a worthy of being up against DVF and MILLY of New York, that is what they reminded me off. I am sort of know were you are coming from and the Outnet had some gorgeous Marni pieces the other day that were not that much more and being the total materialist person I am I would love a piece of Marni in my wardrobe over Whistles, but I cant tell you how nice this dress is, they only had a size 6. Don't worry you will find something, I remember thinking my mum wasn't going to find anything and hey ho she did and looked amazing like you will!

      Delete
  6. Your shopping outfit looks gorgeous. Love the leather jacket too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! the leather jacket is gorgeous and I love that its navy also. x

      Delete
  7. Check you - loving your shopping outfit, it's so stylish! I agree with Sharron that I think Whistles have gone a bit crazy on their prices and it's actually put me off going in to the store just for a look but that leather jacket is fabulous, having said that! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Avril, I always try to look half decent when going into the city, something my my mum trained me to do " you never know who you will bump into" mummy hey! As I said to Sharron I sort of agree with you £325 is very over the top for high street, even though they like to be considered as high end high street and if I was to spend that much I would want something like DVF but this dress reminds me and matches up to DVF, TIBI and Milly of New York it is that special

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest