Thursday, 27 February 2014

New Purchase Alert and Mango Review

Further to my Mango post I made a cheeky little order, the collection looked too nice and some of you might of read in the comments that it was the white crochet dress. A adore white dresses in summer especially on holiday and this image is from my Pinterest Board "Looks I Love."


via

and this is another white summer dress look I love, I think it's from By Malene Birger's lookbook from last summer.

via

I was excited awaiting its arrival and here it is,

Pretty isn't it? I ordered the 12 and I tried it on, I liked it but didn't love it, it didn't help that I had black underwear on that could be seen but it just looked a little boxy on me, I think as I am a short a*** it was about a inch too long also and due to the crochet hemline, it would of been tricky to re-alter. Talking about the crochet work it is very delicate and I would of definitely snagged it ( I am clumsy like that ) so I decided to return it. On my solo shopping trip I went to see if they had a 10 to try on, now that was slightly too tight on the old boobies, a size 11 would of been perfect, how many times have a said that in my lifetime...... should just lose those excess pounds.... yes it is nearly March and I am still carrying the Christmas ones around!

On the hanger in the Mango store was the Isabel Marant inspired ruffle dress or a total copy some might say, that I was going to order initially but my love of white crochet got in the way, so I tried the L ( which is a 12 ) and I liked it, only it was big around the top bit and all the side of my bra was visible when I lifted my arm up, they didn't have a M in store.

That night I was perusing my favourite blogs and the Isabel Marant fan herself Clara was looking amazing in it..... 

You guessed it, I was back on Mango.com before I could blink and ordering a size M to try.

Hooray the size M was a better fit and I must say really good quality for the price the skirt part is fully lined. Here I am wearing it for my Mum's birthday meal early evening yesterday.

Jacket, Jigsaw / Dress,  Mango Ruffled Chiffon Dress £29.99 / Tights, Falke / Boots, R&B / Bag, Chanel
 
Saying that the Medium is a touch shorter than than large and it did cross my mind was it too short for a 41 year old mum of 2, but what the hell...... thick black tights and a lady like blazer.........let's go for it! ( I was having a feel good day)

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for reading. 

Annmarie xx

18 comments:

  1. That is very cute! I bought the blue colourway (slightly different pattern) just before Xmas. I've only worn it once so I may drag it out next weekend for an outing with the hubby x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got it honey, it looks lovely on you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, at £29.99 I thought is's not going to break the bank. x

      Delete
  3. Sorry I normally love what you wear but that's not flattering and you have loads of nicer things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your honesty, I agree its not normally my classic style but I quite like it. ;)

      Delete
  4. I adore that dress and it looks fab on you, so IM! Will look fab in the summer too!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I am thinking for teaming it with my red ballet pumps??

      Delete
  5. Stunning dress, looks really good on you! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is some dupe of the IM version! I was trying to play spot the difference! Looks lovely.

    I have the same problem with some dresses as well - the size up is the perfect length but the top is too big and the size down is perfect on top and a touch too short. I need to have some more feel good days and just get on with it instead of getting hung up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather cheeky of Mango, it is that much IM, not that I am complaining. Personal hang ups are a funny thing, but its good to let them go once in awhile! x

      Delete
  7. you look STUNNING, like someone papped at a fashion week, better with out the jacket, but not sure UK weather ever really allows us to do floaty dresses as they should be done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hubby was in a good mood and took some ok pictures, instead of rushing them. I am looking forward to wearing it in the summer without the jacket and done cute ballet pumps.

      Delete
  8. You look gorgeous. I know exactly what you mean about needing a size 11. I'm the same! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz, oh I wish they would make an 11, as I know lots of people like us! X

      Delete
  9. The dress looks great on you. I Love the skirt on it
    Cool!
    Paul

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest