Thursday, 20 February 2014

New Purchase Alert - Red Ballet Pumps

So you know I've had a obsession with getting some red ballet flats for a while, Repetto being my lust item but at £195 a little bit expensive for me.

via

I just adore many looks that include them, Clara from the Working Girl has the Repetto in patent.

via

They also look super cute I think with summer skirts and dresses,

via
.
.................... the classic look I love as worn by the very stylish Alexa Chung

via

The red just pops and gives this classic outfit a lift. 

I like good quality leather shoes, trust me as mentioned before my little feet prefer it that way, so I was going for the French Sole ones but they didn't have my size. I am glad really because then I started a marathon Internet search and found some Bloch ones, they are a similar vein to Repetto in that the company started making traditional ballet pumps before day shoes. In my research for my correct size in Bloch shoes, many forums said they were the most comfortable ballet flats ever. So armed with my new knowledge I stuck to my European size of 37 and purchased from Sarenza.co.uk who have a fabulous collection of colours, there were 4 different reds, which caused a slight dilemma for awhile but I finally went for fuego (rouge), easily solved in the end it was the cheapest red colour that had my size available.


 
 They are really comfy as the forums said, a very nice under heel cushion.
 

Mac, Burberry Here  / Breton, Johnnie Boden similar here / Jeans, MIH Here / Shoes, Bloch


So lets see what Red ballet flats that are available now on the high street?





Do you fancy trending your inner Dorothy with red shoes this Spring?

Have a wonderful weekend, remember half term is nearly over with.............

Thanks for reading

Annmarie x

20 comments:

  1. Really lovely! I've been reading your blog for a while - its great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to buy the Boden ones but they are out of stock until 2020 (slight exaggeration)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! oh I just checked 13 week!!! saying that my mum ordered a mac that was 11 weeks and it turned up 2 days after she ordered it?? they are nice the boden ones, I like them in the black and pearl. x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, they are really comfy! x

      Delete
  4. Love how you've styled them Annmarie, I've got a pair of quilted ones which I love for adding a splash of colour, I think I'm totally addicted to ballet pumps in general!
    Jane xx
    www.mymidlifefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often admire yours when you wear them Jane, yes they are addictive I always head to the shoes when shopping. x

      Delete
  5. Love love LOVE! Fab inspiration pics and you look great too. I agree red shoes are fab, and the perfect finishing touch :-) I am now inspired to get a new pair. Found a bargainous Clarks pair last summer, and before that Boden, but annoyingly Boden don't keep reissuing same colours... Fun to have to hunt around though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you liked the inspiration pictures. Have you tried Boden kids, not sure if they have them in red??? The M&S ones that are £39.50 are nicer in real life than the picture I downloaded. x

      Delete
  6. Really cute and love the matching nails. Think I'd like a pair and my ballet pumps do need a refresh. Pls can you take a couple of closer up when worn? Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my Shellac being red was totally by accident but went well didn't they?! My hubby took the photos and I have a 2 minute window before he gets p*****d off with me, so the photos aren't great but I put one on Instagram yesterday off a close up, if that helps ( if you are not on Instagram just click on the picture down the sidebar of my blog ) x

      Delete
  7. I love a pair of red shoes believe it or not. I do actually gravitate towards them unconsciously and it was only recently that I realised I've had a few pairs in my lifetime. But good choice - you will get so much wear out of those. I hear good things about the Bloch brand but still haven't tried them. I think I am still hankering after my damson Porsellis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed you have purchased the red heels from Jigsaw which are really nice but oh I have just looked at Porellis ballet pumps they are divine!! x

      Delete
  8. That Alexa picture was my initial inspiration when I bought my New Look ones a few years back. I have a pair of Bloch in dark pink bought from NAP years ago and have to say the quality is outstanding, they are still like new so you have made a good brand choice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those shoes look really, really nice - Lovely vibrant colour ! They work so well in your outfit.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh they are gorgeous Anne Marie! Fab choice...and I adore them with the breton stripes...off to check out some of those red shoe links! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I think I am very French inspired these days! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest