Thursday, 6 February 2014

Petit Bateau


Here in my Petit Bateau top

One of my favourite buys from last year was my Petit Bateau top, stripy tops are my day to day uniform, I love them. This one is my special one, the quality is amazing and I especially like the two tone effect, which makes it not just another stripy top. I was looking on Petit Bateau the other night to see what was new, the final reductions in the kids section and then I looked in the lady's sale.....oh my..... a few beauties still left and at great prices.

Contrasting Stripe Breton £35
Christian Lacroix Breton Top with Velvet Belt £52

Christian Lacroix did a collection for Petit Bateau last season and his top I truly adore but know it wouldn't suit me with my large bust, the velvet bow sat under my bust would look too much, but on a smaller chest worn with black capri pants and ballet pumps, it would just ooze Parisian chic, gorgeous.

I have featured this dress before in my Atterley Road sale post after Christmas and it since sold out there, but Petit Bateau have a few limited sizes available, like I said before it would look fantastic in the summer with white converse/superga's or sandals, panama hat and classic RayBan Wayfarers.


Sailor dress £57.75

Petit Bateau is a  fabulous French brand with amazing bargains still left in their sale, pieces that don't date and cross over seasons..... so its worth taking a look.

Have a great weekend and thanks for reading,

Annmarie xx

17 comments:

  1. Your top is gorgeous and agree it's nice to have a Breton with a difference. Like the dress you feature but it looks a bit short, I will probably go for a Boden offering at some stage x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see Iam only little May be ok on me. Yes, boden have some fab stripes this season. X

      Delete
  2. Wow I've just been on the hunt for a decent Breton, love this one! Couldn't work out sizes though - do you know if a size 10 is a small or medium (they only have medium left so I'm hoping for the latter...!). Really enjoy your blog, especially the Drunken Duck one - we went there on honeymoon!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Petit Bateau run small I would say, I got the M I am a size 10-12 on top. Glad you liked the Drunken duck post that place is special, lovely memories for lots of us! Xx

      Delete
  3. That is one superb Breton.....love the contrast of the lighter and darker stripe! The shape of the neckline is great too.....such a brilliant style full stop!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it Michelle, when I went to order it I was just going for a classic breton but this one caught my eye. The quality is amazing. X

      Delete
  4. I do like the one you're wearing - you wear it well girl!

    And the dress is cute ... but I fear the shortness too like Sharron. I go through phases where I don't care how short something is and then I suddenly have a change of heart. Ask me on a hot day and I don't care. Ask me now and I do. Just got to stop eating buttered crumpets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue it's my favourite I must say. Yes it is short..... It wouldn't be that short on us, saying that it would be a dress I would only wear on holiday and I need to lay off the bread, before I get my legs out again!

      Delete
  5. Love the top you are wearing and also the contrast one. very nice! Love the idea of the dress as well but I guess that's a bit of an unforgiving shape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think with the slight A line? I think it like hide the lumps and bumps... think I would have to try on. X

      Delete
    2. It would hide the lumps and bumps but I think it looks very rectangular, and the hoops emphasis its width, therefore I think even on a really skinny minny it might have a tendency to look bigger/wider than it actually is. On the other hand, I may be complete wrong :0)

      Delete
  6. I love striped anything, but don't own any striped dresses. These ones are gorgeous, and I love your top- perfect everyday mummy wear with a hint of parisan chic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. X Stripes is like a mummy uniform, just feel together if I wear one with jeans. I got a nice m birger striped dress last summer and it was my favourite holiday dress, that was red stripe so I classic blue one would be a great buy for me.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous selection but I love your one the best. I have a PB breton too - it's the same stripe all over. I agree about the sizing...mine was a M but it's really neat with not much stretch so I only really wear it with boyfriends. It's gorgeous quality though and washes so well..a great investment item x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they do run small I think a generous 12 I would say would be in L which is ridiculous really ..... French women aren't fat as they say! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest