Monday, 17 February 2014

Rain rain go away come back another day......

Well it has been wet hasn't it? My thoughts go out to anybody who has been affected by the floods, us up North have escaped mildly thankfully.

We had a serious dose of cabin fever especially the 18mth old she was banging on the windows and getting her own coat off her peg to give me the hint that she wanted to go out, bless her! So this weekend it was good to get back to normal, it was a busy weekend with my four year old Mr. Social, as he had two parities to attend, these days he has a better social diary than me !

What have you been wearing in the rain, apart from wellies and a good old rain mac or maybe you favour the parka. This image is my perfect kind of wet weather look, trench, stripes and Hunters.
 
via

You know I love a trench and my treasured Burberry serves me well, the mac I believe is the perfect spring coat. Here I am with Mr Social himself last spring in my mac, 


So lets have a look at my favourite 6 that are available now,


1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
I have to say I am not a lover of Boden's patterned rainy day macs but I do like the more simple design of 1, loving it in the red. My favourite is 2, the cut and alignment of the buttons make it look more expensive than its £69.99. Gap always do a great trench mac and I have choose the Navy one number 3, for those of you who have got the New Balance in navy this would look fabulous teamed with them. I also really love the black M&S one number 5, albeit more expensive but a fraction of the price of Burberry Prorsum which is what it reminds me off, it would look amazing over an evening dress.

If you prefer the practicality of a parka, I didn't get one this winter but this summer option by Uniqlo appeals very much! Plus the bonus of a parka over the trench mac has to be the hood, umbrellas have been slightly no use in 80 mile per hour winds have they?


Military parka coat £59.90

It is going to be slightly drier week weather wise, fingers crossed hey.
 
I will see you later in the week for an update on my red ballet shoe search!

Thanks for reading

Annmarie 
Xx


11 comments:

  1. You can't beat a classic mac & I love my old Massimo Dutti one, which I've had for a few years now but still looks great whenever I drag it out. As you say Annmarie the perfect coat for Spring.
    Jane xx
    www.mymidlifefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love Dutti and they always do great macs and parkas. x

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to break out my mac out but for me it is still a bit chilly!! I shall be stealing your style as soon as I get the chance as I have just bought a little stripe Uniqlo dress like the one in your inspiration photo so I can nail that look! How adorable is Mr Social....what a cutie!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just read your post Michelle and admired that striped dress you have purchased it will look fab with your mac over and loafers as you say.. x

      Delete
    2. I am biased but he is cutie, a very good boy (most of the time!) x

      Delete
  3. I could do with a new mac as the one I have is a short style and I fear we are still going to get a lot of rain even when spring appears!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is never ending Anne isn't it? it may be worth you investing in another. x

      Delete
  4. Happy with my Gap one, must of had it a year now and managed to wear it out yesterday as it was quite mild when I left the house x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gap are the masters of the affordable trench, always do a fab one. Sunday I got yo wear mine, with a hat and scarf. X

      Delete
  5. I'm looking forward to the warmer and (ironically) drier weather so I can wear my mac again. It's just a touch on the fresh side at the moment but I do like mine and I've seen so many inspiring ways I can wear mine this year - mainly from your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest