Monday, 3 March 2014

A Mummy Uniform

I hope you all had a good weekend. Ours panned out like this.......Saturday Hubby was golfing so the kids and I went to our local Farmers Market ...... I love a good Farmers Market, it takes place on a farm that has now turned into a shopping and cafĂ© sort of place but they still have some animals there which the children like to visit and feed. In the evening we were treated to Hubby's smoked haddock risotto, which was delicious!!
Sunday, we went test driving a new car for moi, I am sort of clueless about cars my only concerns being is the boot big enough for the pram, shopping bags and most importantly does my sun shield have a mirror, for the traffic light lipgloss reapply, the Hubby on the other hand was in his shopping paradise ...... alloys, engine sizes and running boards which are all beyond me...... I just want it in black please.
What did I wear over the weekend well like most of the time it was just my "Mummy's Uniform" I have adopted since having the children. 

My Mama Uniform


My 'Mama Uniform' consists of  jeans, my 50/50 Stuart Weizmann's boots and a breton or cashmere jumper, no point posting a picture as it's nothing new nor exciting but totally practical and a no brainer, for busy mums like ourselves. 

So what good things are out there that would fit into my 'Mama Uniform'

Winter/Spring 


The grey cashmere jumper above from Marks is really nice, loving the zip detail on the sides. The logo jumper or sweatshirt is a good alternative to the Breton and grey cashmere jumper if you may consider them a touch boring and my favourites as mentioned before are the navy ones with a French logo , if the above from My Wardrobe is too pricey for you Marks & Spencer has done this fab one.



In the warmer weather I swap the skinnies for boyfriends or chinos and the Breton sweater becomes a Breton t-shirt, the grey cashmere jumper becomes a grey tee and I love a white or cream pretty top in the summer such as broderie anglaise but I have included a white pretty plain shirt here by MIH which is in the sale and a total bargain at £40!!

Spring/Summer







Total lust item, that would fit into my pretty top category, I know it's expensive for a top but totally G O R G E O U S, a girl can dream!!!


Do you tend to wear the same more a less like me or are you a lover of different looks for different occasions?
My Boden silver sling backs have arrived, LOVE them, I am hoping to post a review this week, I want to do dress up and take some pictures of the 3 different ways I plan to wear them, hopefully if I have time this week..... Oh it beats doing the ironing, doesn't it so I will fit it in!

As ever thanks for reading and see you next time.

Annmarie xx

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous combinations and I love how the New Balance's make it into every option :) Love your criteria on the new car...mine are heated seats and parking sensors - lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot about the heated seats..... I am sure hubby has covered that one, parking sensors I have and still reversed into a brick wall, hopeless! Lol. Oh yes the New Balance are not off my feet at the moment so they deserve to be!

      Delete
  2. I love how you've put those looks together - very clever and effective :-) Some great choices; you just can't beat the classics.

    You should get the Vanessa Bruno top - can totally see you wearing that! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things I enjoy the most about blogging is putting these boards together.... Love them as you can tell. X

      Delete
  3. I am lusting over that lace top. I want one!!! Love the 'uniform.' H x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want one too, I adore lace tops in the summer. The 'uniform' is so easy.... slightly lazy but I feel put together. x

      Delete
  4. My mummy uniform is something similar, I alway gravitate towards Bretons when I'm lazy or in a rush, but they can't be beat so if it ain't broke as they say! Love your outfit combos also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am lazy most days and gravitate to them, he he. xx

      Delete
  5. I have to admit to having the Je T'aime one. I wore it for my bloggy weekend. It's very easy to wear and a nice soft cotton.

    I like the collage you've done for the three spring/summer looks - all with items from your own wardrobe so you can see how they look together. Excellent inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spied it on you on Marlene's blog ! Looks great on you, I am tempted! Glad you liked the collage, love doing them - as you can tell! Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest