Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Ballet Pumps by Emmy Twenty

Recently I have started to be contacted by companies to promote their products on my blog, to be honest none of them have really floated my boat - Plus I made a promise to myself that I would only feature products I love, buy and would actually wear myself. 
I then received an email from Sharon Sunners about her company Emmy Twenty, I firstly admired her bravery for starting her own business in her twenties, something I would of loved to have done and even better in something she is passionate about......shoes! Here is her story, 
 

I started Emmy Twenty out of my obsession with ballet pumps. When I first started working in London, I was constantly getting my heels stuck in pavements, escalators and tube doors, so instead took to wearing ballet pumps to dash around in (I thought about trainers but they don’t fit in your handbag as easily!). As women I think we get attached to our shoes and after wearing my favourite pair out, I went back to the shop only to discover they’d been discontinued and the alternatives were faux leather (cheekily they were the same price!).
 After searching the high street and online I found that well-made leather flats were in the region of £100 or more! It got me thinking and after speaking to friends, colleagues and eventually talking to shoppers on Oxford Street, they all confirmed that there seemed to be a gap in the market for fashionable leather flats that importantly are more affordable too.
 At the same time I had become ever more frustrated with the dreary commute; spending 3 hours of my day on a slow, over packed train only made me more determined to do something I was actually passionate about.  I sketched designs in my spare time and started thinking seriously about how I would start a business in my twenties and with no outside funding. I stopped the daily lattes, resisted the urge to wander around Selfridges on my lunch break and basically became a lot less sociable in order to eventually save  enough to quit the day job and make Emmy Twenty a reality.
 
So I checked out her website and really liked what I saw plus the shoes are a really good price point, £50-30 cheaper than French Sole. My favourite styles are 

Berkeley Leopard £60

Berkeley Red £55
Berkeley Black £55


When my leopard French Sole ballet pumps wear out ( which they are a year old and the pony skin is wearing off at the toecaps!!) I am definitely going to order a pair of Emmy Twenty in the leopard, they look fabulous and the big bonus there are cheaper.
 
Another reason I wanted to promote this new fabulous shoe company is Emmy Twenty's support for Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month which is dear to my own heart, as I lost my Nanna to Ovarian Cancer - in support Emmy Twenty will donate £5.00 from every sale of the limited edition Danson Teal shoes to Ovarian Cancer Action.

Don't you just love this spring weather prefect for the ballet pumps to get an outing, here I am yesterday wearing some new purchases, the Johnnie Boden Breton I sneaked in when I ordered my silver pointy flats and the Gap chinos that I had been after for quite awhile that were purchased with the Grazia 30% discount voucher..........noticed the worn toecaps on my French Sole leopards, so I think a order from Emmy Twenty maybe happening soon!

T-Shirt, Boden available here £14 / Chinos, Gap available here 25% off quote GOGAP / Ballet Pumps, French Sole
 
* please note I have not been given any freebies! On receipt of her email, I just generally liked what I read and saw and wanted to share this lovely website and shoes with you. 

More gorgeous styles available at Emmy Twenty 
 
As ever, thanks for reading
 
Annmarie xx

12 comments:

  1. They look fab shoes don't they Annmarie & like you my favourite pair has got to be the leopard print ones. I can't believe your French Sole ones are wearing out so quickly, surely even if you worn them lots that shouldn't happen so soon?!!
    Jane xx
    www.mymidlifefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bit p***ed off with them really Jane- I think it may be when I am hitting the pram wheels when walking.x

      Delete
  2. Those shoes are AMAZING - I am so in love love love love
    Off to check out her site

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red pumps....they are just gorgeous!! Lovely that the brand is supporting such a great cause too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the red are delicious - I like the black trimmings. X

      Delete
  4. Really nice ballet pumps, I would definitely buy next time I need a pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look really nice don't they Sharron - me too. X

      Delete
  5. Love the range of shoes from Emmy Twenty, I have my eye on a pair for the end of the month, they look like they are beautifully made and classic styles! Love your Breton and chinos you look fab! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x The Berkeley is my favourite - I like the tan ones also.

      Delete
  6. Ooh, lovely. I like the leopard print ones the most. Gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the inner Bet in me I am attracted to them the most - love them. X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest