Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Grazie

Finding your perfect jeans can be a lifelong thing, it can be an annoying process and expensive one ( if you end up purchasing ones that end up being the wrong fit or stretch too much.....) you may find them ( 7 for all Mankind Bootcuts ) and then they become slightly dated.

The skinny jeans have been here for a number of years,  I have purchased expensive ones J Brand, which stretched too much but my favourites are from the highstreet, Topshop Jamie's. I love them in the winter the high waist not only keeps the MT ( mummy tummy ) tucked in but it keeps you warm and the skinny leg stays skinny, perfect for staying in my Stuart Weitzman 50/50 boots.

Come Spring/Summer I feel a little exposed in them, I think the term carrot legs is was is used in the fashion world, plus I like to have a slightly lower waistband for tucking shirts in and doing the fashion tuck with t-shirts. So the Topshop alternative is the Baxter, skinny but not ultra skinny, now the Baxter's are worn by fashion editors and praised by many but they just don't fit me correctly. I tried Boden's skinny jeans last year, I thought I was on a winner with them, not that much stretch, fitted me perfect everywhere accept the waist they sat just a quarter of an inch wrong and I was always pulling at them, so they went on eBay.

So I am on the look out for a skinny jean with a medium rise, that isn't too skinny and says skinny and doesn't give me the carrot leg look. Then I spotted Laura wearing some nice jeans on her blog that looked perfect, at first I thought they were the MIH breathless ones she has but no they were GAP Always Skinny Jeans, so I thought why not try them ( I more of less buy everything else she recommends that I can afford ..... he he ) With my 30% VIP discount code I thought I would give them ago, I took a chance and ordered the petite, the knee alignment is normally better and I can get away with a 28 inch inside leg with skinnies.

I had a bit of a RED Gap event of my own with a glass of wine and my I-Pad and ordered the chambray shirt also they recommended.



I buy the children's skinny jeans in Gap which I adore on them, so what is my verdict on the Always Skinny Jeans. Well I left the tags on and wore them around the house, did some hoovering, emptied the dish washer ( all in the leopard heels, only joking ) sat down in them and did some blogging....... any major stretching no, happy with the fit, YES! 


 





 
The shirt is their tailored chambray, I know in my last post I was advising you to invest in a good quality white shirt but to splash out on every shirt would be very expensive, so I always like the cut of Gap shirts and this shirt is really nice, yes I think its going to crease more than my MIH but at £17.99 which it is now, I will compromise.
 
Shirt, Gap here / Jeans, Gap Always Skinny here / Shoes, Daniel Footwear ( old )
 
Has anybody else tried these jeans? What is your favourite or perfect jeans?
 
Thanks you reading,
 
Annmarie xx

24 comments:

  1. Ah funny you should be posting this about the Gap always skinny jeans as I went to try them on the other day and they were the only ones I considered buying. But didn't. I'm not sure what I'm holding out for but I think there is another pair for me out there yet. But yours look good on you - I think that' a good score especially for the price.

    And like you, the Jamies are for the winter months because they are rather figure hugging aren't they which is where a nice big jumper comes to the rescue. I had an old pair of Baxters which I gave to my sister but I did find a pair in Topshop in a finish I liked but none in my size. As always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Jamies's are like a leggings in a way. I would really recommend the Gap Almost Skinnies - I wore them today and they so comfy and a nice fit. I will be interested to see if you go back to them - yes I love GAP 30% days normally stock up on the kids jeans but this time used it for me. x

      Delete
  2. That shirt is so good I bought two (to avoid tears when it is in the wash and I need it NOW). I love it because it is so soft and thin that it works even under very lightweight tops. And the collar sits properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that was my first thought when I got it out of the packet - oh this is nice and soft. x

      Delete
  3. I buy Gap skinny jeans for Charlie on occassion but whenever I have tried any on, they don't work at all in my usual size. Buying jeans is getting harder as I've got bigger although I wouldn't mind ordering with the code as I love the shade of blue and am also fine with a 28 inside leg. I thought Laura looked lovely at that event. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she did didn't she - love that team photo of the RED girls they do practice what they preach. x

      Delete
  4. Gap jeans are the best - they really can't be beaten on value. I always buy a size down as they can give out - but great idea to wear them for a while with tags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I sized down Joanna which is what I also like about GAP I pretend I am skinny!! Yes, I learnt that trick with the tags the hard way £180 wasted on a pair of J Brand that stretched too big and I could of sized down in them.

      Delete
  5. I am sat here in my Gap always skinny's....they are my go-to jeans! I do have both the Topshop Baxter's and Jaime's but always revert back the my faithful Gap mid blue jeans! Think I have the same shirt too Annemarie....great minds and all that!! :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear a few people are saying really good things about them..... yes great minds:0) xx

      Delete
  6. Those skinny's look fab on you as does the shirt, I had the best ever pair of skinny's from Gap about 10 years ago, they were left weave and were perfect...I still have them but cannot squeeze my mum tum in them and I have never found a perfect since! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you xx Oh my pre mummy jeans have so hit the bin - depressed me looking at the low waists !!! he he

      Delete
  7. The jeans look a super fit, and I love the contrast of the jeans & shirt with the leopard kitten(?) heels. They look super together!
    :0)
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Paul - yes leopard just seems to go with everything. x

      Delete
  8. I found my skinny's after looking for a.g.e.s, uniqlo recommended by Alyson over at That's Not My Age!! Great idea to wear around the house though :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have heard their jeans are good, I think Marlene from Chocolate Coookies and Candies has recommended them in the past also. x

      Delete
  9. They do fit well and I love the shirt too. I have Gap jeans, which I love, and I also favour the Topshop Baxter. I have purchased loads from eBay. Love the print pumps with the shirt and jean. H x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank, yes I am pleased with the shirt, super soft and a nice fit on me. x

      Delete
  10. Looks like I need a trip to Gap - me and jeans just are not friends. Having curves makes it so hard to find good ones that fit. I have been wearing M&S jeggings because I have been losing weight, they are skinny on the leg and high rise to encase MT and around £20 so I'm not too upset if they get thrown out as the weight comes off. However, I would really like a decent pair of high rise skinnies. I'm tempted with the Ida ones but don't want to spend nearly £200 until I reach my target weight.

    The Gap jeans look really good on you as does the shirt so thanks for the tip off. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh try Gaps legging jeans they look good! yes when I was losing my baby weight I got a pair from next at £20 also. Good luck with your weight loss!!!

      Delete
  11. Are these always skinny high or medium rise?

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the reply bought a pair last week which say always skinny high wasted while i like them come over my tummy they look a bit grannish, think i might change them. for mid rise..can't get petiete in store so can i ask how tall you are? I am 5ft 2 or 3 and the regular are looking quite long....

    ReplyDelete
  13. The ones I am wearing are just the regular rise, they definitely don't say high. Know were you are coming from with the Grannish look, I have Topshop Jamie high wasted only really like them with top over them. I am 5ft 3 and I got the petite and I ordered them online. Thanks for your comments, glad to be of help. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest