Monday, 31 March 2014

Mothering Sunday

My Mum is not only my Mum but my best friend, I would be lost without her...... chief babysitter, agony aunt, adviser oh and not forgetting the new role I have given her - photographer for this blog. Here she is helping me get ready on my big day,
 
 
 
Yesterday we went for a lovely lunch together with the children and my Mum-in-Law, the sun was shinning so I thought I would wear my new Other Stories Blouse which I spotted in this months Red Magazine on Laura's shopping pages. I truly adore boho blouses in the summer and of course I am lusting after the Isabel Marant ones but I don't have that budget plus within 5 minuets I would have some stain on it from the kids....... so high street it is for me. 



I recommended this blouse to Marlene who was discussing her love of cotton/voile tops in the summer and her favourite IM one being sold out at £300+ in a recent post. I was delighted that she liked my recommendation as I think her taste is exquisite. She discussed the sizing being on the small side, I am wearing a 38 UK 12 here and I agree the elastic band is slightly snug, did give with wear during the day however. She purchased it in the black and her outfit layout was gorgeous with the red shorts here ..........I have the 4 inch Boden red chino shorts on back order....... so being the total copycat I am I went back online and purchased the black one but in the bigger size of 40 because I will take the black one on holiday and want it bigger for heat swelling and vino drinking.

If money was no object I would love to add one of these gorgeous IM blouses to my collection,

Isabel Marant & Isabel Marant Etoile S/S 2014

But sadly it is not, so here are my other favourite boho blouses on this high street this summer....
 
 
 

 
They are all very much like this seasons Marant don't you think? There are two other tops that are more hippish, like previous seasons that I also like,

 
 
I got something similar last year from Monsoon and again they have done another wonderful hippy blouse this summer,
 


So there you go IM look on a budget.......

See you later in the week, as ever thanks for reading and your comments.

Annmarie xx

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post Annemarie.....lovely to hear all about your mum (feel just the same about my treasure of a mum too!). Your blouse is simply stunning.....perfect outfit with the jeans and leopard print pumps! Some fabulous alternative picks too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, they are utter stars! Yes, I feel this is my comfort zone, jeans and a pretty top. The Mango ones are great - can't believe their designers have appeared to have just copied the IM's look book, not that I am complaining! X

      Delete
  2. I hope my girls end up feeling the same about me as you do about your mum, so lovely to read Annemarie. Its the Monsoon for me honey all the way, by far my favourite. I think the & Other Stories has a victorian air to it and if I'm honest no good for us pot bellied apple shapes, I'd prefer something without elastic round my waist! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am sure they do! She sometimes gets the brunt of my moods ( when tired Iam a bitch!!!! But I thinks she knows I love her lots!) monsoon have come up trumps again in the boho category. X

      Delete
  3. You wear it beautifully, Annmarie. Well, YOUR taste is exquisite. I've pored through several pages of your blog and loved your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene, that is very kind! X

      Delete
  4. I might have to be a copy cat too and get one of these lovely blouses. I remember eyeing them up in Cos when I was in London but I just didn't have the time to try on and I wasn't in the mood at the time. Now black or ivory? Hmmm ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get both...... because of Marlene I have!

      Delete
  5. I love boho too and not sure if you know of Sundance.com (owned by Robert Redford and with some of the most gorgeous boho/casual clothes). I am not an affiliate or anything of the company, I just love the products. Really worth checking out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip, I will check it out. X

      Delete
  6. Beautiful blouse, the boho look really suits you!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abbi, something I am really drawn to. X

      Delete
  7. Have to admit I was spending a rate half hour in cafe Nero whilst in Ringwood waiting for my daughter when the same top jumped of the page of Red magazine that I was flicking through at the time. Ordered it there and then ( thanks for the broadband cafe Nero ) but now you have made me think whether I should have ordered black. Can I justify both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ivory was my 1st pick but the moodboard of Marlene's and the idea of teaming it with red made me go for the black as well. But the 1st Mango black top I love also........... Too much stuff I like. Xx

      Delete
  8. I love them all! Some really great picks here! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest