Thursday, 13 March 2014

The White Oversized Shirt

via
 
This MIH Oversized shirt is becoming a bit of a icon style - it can be worn a variety of ways or occasions. Yes, I know it's pricey but for a white shirt I think it's worth investing in - keep an eye for this in the sales.....
 
 
 
I have often toyed with the idea of buying it but wondered if it would be too long for me, being a shortie.  So I purchased the MIH swing shirt in a blue dot that was in the sale instead, the swing is shorter in length with more of a fuller back. Now I had the MIH swing shirt in white eyed up for the summer sales ( remember in my winter sale essentials I had it highlighted - half price! Gutted now I didn't get it) because shock horror they have appeared to have discontinued that style........so after 10 pages of Google search with no joy, it brings me back to the oversized shirt and I began looking at looks on Pinterest.


via

Source - My wardrobe

Great ideas for the styling the fashion tuck or not

via

......... and the plus point for the oversized shirt it is the perfect beach cover up, as wore her by my style crush Laura Fantacci this is quite a few years back but she always picks this shirt for her White Shirt edits..... Just this week even.
 

 
 She is petite and recommends this shirt because of it's versatility the longer back perfect over skinnies or leather leggings also. 
 

Wearing It Today

I have found a similar shirt at The White Company 


Then today I spotted this nice one in Whistles,

 
 
When I was looking on Pinterest I spotted this classic white shirt look that I tried to re-create - loving the shoes.
 
Via

So wearing my MIH swing dotted shirt..... here it goes



My attempt of the 'Fashion Tuck' 

Shirt, MIH / Jeans, Zara / Belt, Hermes / Shoes, Russell & Bromley / Bag, Mulberry
 
I am still a bit miffed MIH are not doing the swing shirt anymore, so I will still stalk the oversized shirt on petite women on Pinterest- the other option is to take it to my trusted tailor and get a inch taken off , like I do to most dresses I buy............ one to ponder for the sales.
 
 
Thanks for reading and hope you all have a fabulous weekend.
 
 
Annmarie xx
 
 
  • I have been shopping today - lots of nice things to report and details of my GAP VIP 30% discount purchases all on the blog next week.

23 comments:

  1. love your shirt, you def have to spend a bit more on the 'simple' basics, i bought loads of high street white linen shirts for hols last year, but they look cheap and shapeless next to the ones that are that bit better cut with more fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, I have a old Hugo Boss white shirt and the fit and quality is amazing. My MIH dotted shirt is equally good - I am going to look for the MIH oversized one in the sales, instead of jumping in now with something cheaper to satisfy my urge!

      Delete
  2. You look fab as always Annmarie. Seriously love the white shirt! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, I love white shirts and that MIH one is one my wish list, fingers crossed they might to a small reduction on it in their summer sale. Atterley Road had it reduced to £59 and guess what it sold out! xx

      Delete
  3. The MIH shirt is totally fab on you! I just bought something very similar in Gap after seeing the MIH one on Laura's blog but it won't be a patch on the real thing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am going to hold out for it I think instead of buying something cheaper to satisfy my craving! x

      Delete
  4. Very tempted to try one of the husbands....he'd kill me. Love your interpretation x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was thinking of doing the same - Mine would also kill me....he he. I think its inspired by that look - in the movies when the girl comes out of the bedroom with the boyfriends shirt on. x

      Delete
  5. I bought a white boyfriend shirt from Gap last spring and have never worn it. Might try again x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it, if anything it might make the perfect beach cover up for Marbs honey! x

      Delete
  6. Love your outfit Annmarie, you can never go wrong with white, denim & tan such a timeless look.
    Jane xx
    www.mymidlifefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, the classics are always the best. X

      Delete
  7. Ahhhhhh, really wish I hadn't read this. I so want the oversized one and don't want to wait for the sale!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to lay temptation in your way it is gorgeous isn't it!

      Delete
  8. I daren't do the oversized shirt just because I'm so short. I just look like little girl lost in them but not in a good way. I can do a loose fit but the length can't be overly long as it really shortens me.

    Have you actually tried the MIH shirt on? I like the one you already have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't Sue - I love the one I have just want one in plain white but they have appeared to have stopped doing that style which was shorter than the oversized. the dilemma is the length to be honest, I need to try or email them to see where the swing shirt has gone too. x

      Delete
  9. ooooh you look amazing in that shirt - off to check my shirt collection (of which there are only 2)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a great look - a real classic and I think you've done a great job with the shirt you have - loving your pumps too! Shame the white one's not being made anymore :(
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend - Avril x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Avril, the shoes are my favourites. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. x

      Delete
  11. I have that pin pinned too & love how cool she looks in the white shirt & pointed flats! I've worn my hubbys before with a wide belt but never tucked in! I need a white shirt & you've just inspired me to go a look for one! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh it is just a fab image love love those 2 tone pointy flats xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on Linen Shirts, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks for sharing this with others.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest