Thursday, 1 May 2014

Barcelona Part Dos

Wow we slept in til 10am I don't think I have done that for over 4 years!! We then proceeded onto Pastelerias Mauri for morning coffee and a pastry where we tasted the most delicious marzipan croissant ever!! Our Sunday was spent wandering around the sights including the breath taking Sagreda Familia.


Top, Boutique by Jaeger (S/S13) Similar here / Jeans, Zara (S/S13) similar here / Shoes, Red Bloch Ballet Pumps / Bag, Chanel
 
 
We then went onto the Port Vela area where the impressive W Hotel now is, 



and had some wonderful clams at the Pez Vela Restaurant for lunch overlooking the beach.



Sunday night we planned to visit two tapas bars/restaurants we had spotted, hoping it would make up for the disappointment of last night's food.


Top, and Other Stories Blouse / Jeans, Zara (S/S13) similar here / Shoes, Christian Louboutin / Bag, Chanel
 
Firstly we went to Catalana which was round the corner from our hotel..... this place had queues to sit down in the Restaurant, a separate queue to sit outside and people hovering to claim a bar stool.... which we luckily did pretty quickly.



 
Then after some of the best tapas we have ever had we went onto Boca Grande which again was on the door step of our hotel, 



We enjoyed some delightful clams here and yes these two eateries totally made up for last nights disaster.



and then the toilets were amazing my I-Phone picture doesn't do it justice but it had mirrors of all different shapes and styles with just candle light...... The toilets were truly breath taking in a fabulous way. 



Our weekend away was wonderful and I look forward to my next visit to this wonderful city, ready here to return home fully recharged!


Jacket, Zara (S/S12) / T-Shirt, French Connection (S/S12) / Jeans, similar here / Shoes, Red Bloch Ballet Pumps / Bag, Louis Vuitton
 
Can you spot my new addition to my bag collection....... The LV Neverfull, my weekend purchase....10 months of saving very worthwhile!

Mauri
Calle Provenca, 241
08008 Barcelona
+34 932 15 09 98


Cerveceria Catalana
Carrer De Mallorca, 236
08008 Barcelona
+34 932 160 368


Boca Grande
Passaig de la Concepcion 12,
08008 Barcelona
+34 934 67 51 49




Thank you for reading and for your comments, 

Annmarie xx

8 comments:

  1. Annmarie it looks as if you had an amazing time. I've never been to Barcelona but am wanting to go now after these pictures. Totally loving your new purchase too - a classic investment & a real beaut!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make everywhere you go sound great, perhaps it's because you know the good places to go! I'd like to try an Italian city next I wouldn't bother with Barcelona again I don't think. You sneaked that bag in quietly didn't you, a purchase you won't regret. My friend has that colour, so nice, well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photographs - Makes me want to go back to that beautiful place
    Love your jacket btw
    :0)
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking gorgeous in your red jacket again and very envious over your new bag, so stylish
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your second day made up for your disappointing meal on your first day! Everything sounds delicious and it sounds as though you have had a wonderful time! I have total bag envy......that is a gorgeous new acquisition!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the first thing i noticed in the last photo was the LV neverfull. glad you got one. I love mine and use it far more than i thought i would. looks like you had a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your posts Annmarie and taking notes here as we are going over for ten days next month. I have been there twice already and love it! Your new bag is absolutely gorgeous:) Have a great weekend!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you everybody for your kind comments...... that red Zara jacket has to be one of my favourite wardrobe pieces. The break was very welcomed after feeling poorly for a couple weeks which is so unlike me and just before our big move. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest