Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Barcelona Part Uno

I love Barcelona I am lucky to have visited this beautiful city a few times with work and also for pleasure and it never disappoints...... Just my little tip is to stay away from the Las Ramblas.

We arrived Saturday late morning and we dumped our bags and headed out for an explore and some shopping. We were staying at the Boutique Hotel Mur Muri on the beautiful Rambla de Catalunya. 


Kelly Hoppen carried out the whole interior design of the hotel and her signature style is everywhere, 


My outfit for Saturday was, 

Jacket, Monsoon (old) Similar here  / T-Shirt,  Johnnie Boden Breton.  / Jeans, MIH Paris  / Shoes, Red Bloch Ballet Pumps / Bag, Chanel / Sunglasses, Rayban Wayfarers
 
We had lovely day, a nosey around the shops, where in Maje I could have done some major damage.


 a visit to the Majestic Hotel roof top bar for a glass of cava, jamon and  andalucian bread and great views of the city, 









Saturday evening we went to a Michelin star Restaurant and sadly to say it was one of the worse meals we have ever had. We like most people like our food, we enjoy watching all the food programmes such as Masterchef and have been lucky to have eaten at few Michelin star places ...... (Maze in London when Jason Atherton was there being my favourite by far.)  Sauc was not our cup of tea and we so regretted not just going to some good tapas bars instead. 

My outfit for the evening, 

Jacket, Zara (old) / Top, Whistles similar here / Pants, Gap similar here / Shoes, Christian Louboutin / Bag, Chanel
 
 
Hotel Murmuri
Rambla de Catalunya
104
08010 Barcelona
Spain
Tel-+34 935 50 06 00

 
Hotel Majestic
Passeig de Gracia
68-70,
08007 Barcelona
Spain
 
Thanks for reading and I will be back tomorrow with part 2.

Annmarie xx

17 comments:

  1. Glad to see the breton works with the jacket hun, I never did get round to trying the combination out! Sorry to hear about your disappointing meal, so annoying, but other than that, looks like you enjoyed yourself and that hotel looks fab, I've sayed in the Princessa Sofia up by the stadium and last November in the H10 at the Marina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you live and learn with the meal. We had much better food the second night so it totally made up for it. I am sure we will be doing the Stadium visit in years to come. x

      Delete
  2. Looks great and what a lovely hotel. I Maje display looks fantastic. Such a shame about the meal. H xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Maje was fantastic I saw two possible dresses for the wedding I am going to in October....... too many nice things. xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a fantastic time Annmarie, just such a pity that you were disappointed with your meal - there's nothing worse than getting bad food/service. Love all your outfits & that Zara jacket is stunning.....how on earth did I miss that baby?!!!!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We couldn't believe it had a Michelin star..... just not our taste.... everything was over salted. The food the 2nd night totally made up for the disappointment. I nearly missed that Zara jacket too, I was pregnant with L when I saw it 21/2 years years ago didny buy and then sourced it on good old ebay. xx

      Delete
  4. You look amazing in both your outfits Annemarie! Did you manage to resist buying anything in Maje? They look like they have some stunning pieces!! Glad to see and hear you had a lovely time.....look forward to hearing about the rest of your trip tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle, I did although I spotted two dresses that would work for the family wedding in October. I had purchased earlier in the day details in next post that took all my funds!!! xx

      Delete
  5. I love Barcelona too! It is a wonderful city :) I have been there more than ten times, and every time I visit it I find new and interesting things to do and to see. Last time I stay in the city I decided to look for cheap acommodation in El Born neighbourhood, and we found a fantastic hotel via barcelonahotelsbookings.com, the Official Barcelona Hotels Association. Very nice!
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its such a great city but the last time I went was in about 1993!! It must of changed a heap since then & you've made me want to go back! Lovely outfits! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I went was 2000 I think it is only down the port areas that have changed lots. X

      Delete
  7. It all looks fantastic. Enjoy your break and recharge those batteries. I think you will have to pay another visit to MAje.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really did enjoy the break...... I haven't stopped looking on Maje's website since I got back! X

      Delete
  8. Oh I've never been but it's on the short list for a trip without kids in 2015 and I know where to come for travel advice! You look amazing in both your outfits (The bag! The bag!!!!!) and the hotel is simply stunning! Looking forward to part two xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you have to do it every now and again. If you ever go to Barcelona I totally recommend that hotel as wel as being lovely it is close to all the top shops if only for a bit of window shopping. The bag is my pride & joy xx

      Delete
  9. Wow you look fab, red looks gorgeous on you. Both my sisters live in Barcelona so it is a city close to my heart. If you have a sec check out my little sisters blog on the best places to go in Barca lots of secret stunning bars cafés and restaurants she has impeccable taste so they are all fab, I have visited most of them http://lascallesdebarcelona.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1 have a wonderful rest of stay you look super stylish! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Travelling is a pain when you don’t have the mobility to move around. We own a database of 800 rental agents at 30,000 locations in 174 countries. It’s one of the largest database ever existed on the planet!
    http://hotelscheapcheap.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest