Thursday, 10 April 2014

Summer Chic Tory Burch Style




Images - Tory Burch

I love Tory Burch's tunics they make such chic beach cover ups. Our holidays now mainly consist of days at the beach and then a late lunch or early tea at the beach restaurant then back to the apartment for a relaxing evening in the garden. So I have invested in some nice beach cover ups/dresses that will take me easily from beach to bar. 
Boden's printed beach throw on's are very Tory Burch inspired I think. It does come in a reddish colourway ....that is very similar to the Tory Burch one in image 2 and would fit into my colour theme but I have a charcoal Seafolly swimsuit that I love and I thought the blue shadow spot would go perfect with it, plus it's sort of similar to the Isabel Marant Bloom Crochet dress here that seems to be in most fashionista's suitcases. 


 
I have also included some of my favourite summer sun beauty essentials, in my wish list beach tote ......I will have to make do with my Anya striped dust bag that makes a perfect beach bag. In the past I have suffered really badly with prickly heat but since I found the gorgeous product of Decléor Aromessence Solaire Serum, thankfully prickly heat no more! Just start using it a fortnight before you go away and before each day in the sun, it really preps your skin for the sun and I think prolongs your tan.

A little note regarding my Boden Tory Burch homage which I got it in the 40% sale which was more of a bonus ...... The reviews say to size up, I got the 12 which I am normally in Boden tops and it is perfect for me.

Have a fabulous weekend, 

Annmarie xx

15 comments:

  1. I love your new Boden cover up Annmarie & I bet you'll look stunning in this on your summer holidays.
    I love this look for the beach but just can't wear them as I hate putting things over my head - for some reason I always hold my breath, which I put down to my claustrophobia. Plus once you factor in the heat & material potentially sticking to my skin trying to put it on I just can't go there which is such a pity as they look effortlessly chic. Instead I need something that I can't potentially get stuck in....which has happened & wasn't a pretty sight!!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know were you are coming from Jane, I cant wear anything like the chiffon Kaftans they stick to me ......... oh the feeling goes right through me. x

      Delete
  2. That Tunic in that colour way is on my list but I must have missed something as I didn't realise it had 40% off when they had that sale. Something in my head told me that all the things I wanted only had 10% off, I really am a klutz! I've got to start buying things soon, I'm off in less than four weeks! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My shorts only had 10% but this had more, I think it was 40% but definitely at least 30% honey.......... you will hold on and everything will be gone......get buying misses. .... but then do you need remember that blue dress from NAP for the wedding!!?? xx

      Delete
  3. I love the Tory Burch and I think the Boden tunic is nice in the blue colour way. I usually bung on a white shirt, from beach to bar, and then back to the hotel room for a shower and change and then I would happily wear the tunic as a dress. H xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aahh the white shirt throw on - totally chic, I want one! Yes I will wear this as a dress also, then after as a cover up. x

      Delete
  4. Great tip about the decleor serum, I also suffer from prickly heat and with a fortnight in Greece coming up late June I think I'll be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has worked for me..... I love the stuff. X

      Delete
  5. Love the cover-ups, they look so glamorous and chic! I tend to go for more strappy or strapless things on holiday....I know I probably shouldn't but I love to soak up the sun! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle I am half Irish so my fair skin doesn't like the sun...... I would love to soak it up more but I look like I big red mess! X

      Delete
  6. Love the tunics, I don't have anything like this, so may have to invest!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it as soon as a put it on, it's a shape that works on me. X

      Delete
  7. This year it is time to admit defeat and wear a one-piece..I am not sure I can get away with bikinis any longer and I adore the one you have here, will be checking that out x and that Anya Hindmarch tote would look fab..stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that Anya tote! I admitted defeat last year with the bikini ......... This 40 business has it's down side!

      Delete
  8. Your Boden one is just perfect! Gorgeous print! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest