Wednesday, 2 April 2014

The Classics are always the best

Mac, Burberry / Breton, Boden / Jeans, Gap / Bag, Mulberry / Shoes, Bloch 
 
It was truly a Sunglasses day earlier in the week and here I am wearing my oversized Tom Fords that I have had for a few years. 

I think now I have tried to go more classic and minimal with my fashion choices I would like my sunglasses to reflect that also. I have the Rayban Wayfarer on my wish list and annoyingly had a pair many moons ago......I think they got left in the glove compartment of my 1st ever car that I sold..... my little silver 106......you see classics never date!

I would like a pair for my holidays and when I start the school run full time in September when N starts Reception ......I have already spotted other mummies sporting sunglasses at 8.30 am come rain or shine as they can hide a multitude of sins or lack of make up.  Here is Elle Macpherson on what must be the most glamorous school gate ever, can you imagine - Elle, Stella, Claudia and now David and Victoria!!


both  Via

Of course I have included the Raybans below in my picks with other designer glasses and high street bargains at just £10,

1 & 1 / 2 /  3 / 4 / 5 
 
Do you like the wayfarer or have another favoured pair or shape of shades??

As ever thanks for reading,

Annmarie xx

17 comments:

  1. I like the wayfarer but don't think they suit me but I recently tried on and have bought the Justin, similar but a better style for me (Havana Rubber available at John Lewis). They arrive tomorrow yippee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I will have to look at that style, I have noticed doing this post there are a few different wayfarer styles....x

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately, I don't really get on with glasses or sunglasses though not for want of trying. I just don't have the nose bridge to hold a pair up which is so annoying as I invariably end up with cheek dints. I'm thinking of buying a sun visor and pretending it's all part of the sports luxe trend.

    I am joking you know Annmarie :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's a lovely photo of you - your mum's getting better with the camera :o)

      Delete
    2. I dear you to do the sun visor ...... he he, you could get the bands that go around your head like the skiers use?? I am only joking of course here also Sue, bless you. Yes my Mum is getting better. x

      Delete
  3. Ah...a beautiful outfit there, you are so right, classics are the best. Looking fantastic.

    I want some wayfarers too, making do with Fendi bargain from TK maxx in the meantime... Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ash, there are some gems in good old TK maxx isn't there. x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous classic outfit Annemarie. I love my wayfarers....they always remind me of Audrey Hepburn and you can't get much more classic than that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a pair of Ralph Lauren that are similar to the Wayfarers just less angled, which suit my face more. Love your outfit post Annmarie.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jane, yes I think I am going to go for the 4140 style wayfarer which have more of a bigger lense which will suit me better. x

      Delete
  6. Such a chic look, I love your tom ford sunglasses classic and beautiful. I have wayfarers and I have a love/hate relationship with them, I love how they look but hate how heavy they are on my nose! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like my Tom Fords which are nice and light. I did have a pair of Chanels that were heavy and left dents in the side of my nose..... which wasn't a good look. x

      Delete
  7. I love sunglasses although I haven't bought a pair since the summer of 2012, Chanel with chain arms, almost 400 quid so they have to last a few years yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they sound nice,,,,, my previous two pairs of sunnies were Chanel. x

      Delete
  8. It is an incredible school run. I have purchased the Ray Ban Justins ( naff name ) they are slightly bigger than trad ones. Better for my face shape. I love your look, today, it is a complete classic. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know some school run...... Somebody else as mentioned the Justins need to check them out also before I purchase. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest