Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Parka Life

Parka, Mango / T-Shirt, Johnnie Boden Breton / Jeans, Zara / Shoes, Red Bloch Ballet Pumps



Parka, Mango / Denim shirt, H&M / Black Jeans, Jamie, Topshop / Shoes, R&B / Bag, Louis Vuitton

As you know I was considering getting a parka coat throughout the winter but didn't find one I felt was me. Come the spring/summer I was wearing my Burberry mac more than I wanted, for a example to mummy and toddler playgroup and baby ballet which sometimes I felt required something a tad more casual. So I started to look for a casual spring summer parka with a hood and came across this from the store of the season in my opinion.... Mango. 






 
I ordered it and it arrived and I really loved it, I liked the shoulder detailing the concealed hood and the price. I hung it up in our bedroom and hubby made a comment ..... " I thought your new jacket was my shooting jacket" now firstly that is good because I know he is fond of his Beretta shooting jacket and secondly there was no Liam Gallagher comment...yeah.

So I wore it for the first time Friday to N's assembly were he was awarded a certificate for the most hard working pupil in pre-school for that week and again today. I thinks it works styled above with my mama uniform plus I think it will be cool over little dresses during cooler days this summer. 

Do you like my spring summer parka? 

Thanks for reading and your comments.

Annmarie xx

17 comments:

  1. Fab parka Annmarie, I've got something a little similar but slightly shorter which I brought from Zara years ago & it's a great useful jacket to have. Love how you've styled it with the red accessories & stripes just perfect!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. Yes, red goes really well olive green doesn't it? x

      Delete
  2. Love how you've styled your parka in both outfits, but particularly with the stripes and the pop of red. Gorgeous! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Lynne, that's my favourite too! x

      Delete
  3. Yes, yes, I love your new parka!!!...I think you may have found the perfect parka!! I have had to resort to wearing my winter parka today and yesterday as I have nothing in between but I think yours is the perfect one, would look fab over denim shorts etc..love it with the breton and red xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances, yes if I was a festival girl and going to one I would wear it with denim shorts, it would go well like you say but it has been very handy in recent days with this strange weather. xx

      Delete
  4. I've had my winter one on today to go round the village, a complete joke this rain and cold! Love your new parka and would like a lightweight one for spring x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is great I would really recommend it. x

      Delete
  5. Lovely Annemarie....nice here today but I could have done with one over the weekend!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a nice day Monday but the parka was back on today. xx

      Delete
  6. It is a perfect parka. I have a lighter weight one which is invaluable at this time of year. H xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wondering how I have done without one! x

      Delete
  7. When are you going to tell us about "the" bag? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I sort of glossed over my new bag haven't I, I did confess to it in my Barcelona post ( where I purchased the bag ) I should do a full review as I love it and wanted it for many years!! xx

      Delete
  8. I love this, it will be soooo useful. I can take the lining out of my topshop one and take the furry hood off to make it a summer parka - going to do it now I've read this!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh your Topshop one sounds a useful parka - one for all seasons...xx

      Delete
  9. I love it! I really want a winter one & there is a great one reduced on ASOS atm but its seems silly buying it now but I know I will kick myself if I don't! Ax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest