Monday, 12 May 2014

The Grey Sweatshirt

During the winter I had been looking for my perfect plain grey sweatshirt that I could chuck on over the weekend instead of a cashmere jumper....... I made a big mistake with buying a jewelled J Crew one which was a little to glam for the look I was trying to achieve and the jewels on the sleeve pulled the sweatshirt it's self. Anyway, this plainer one started appearing on my favourite blogs and it looked like exactly what I was after but I was now in the mist of buying my summer wish list, and I thought I would leave it for another day. I however included it on my things I ❤️ side bar last month as a ideal Mama uniform piece.

So I was packing surrounded by bubble wrap and cardboard boxes and thought I would quickly check my phone and I had a lovely anonymous comment from a reader alerting me to the fact the sweatshirt was now reduced to half price!! Well what do you think, J.Crew.com couldn't get typed quick enough.


On Saturday I wore it to take my little boy to yet another party and I styled it with my Boden silver pointed flats, red lipstick and statement chandelier earrings for a bit of glamour but casually it will go great with my chinos on a chiller day in spring and in the autumn/ winter I would wear flat biker boots, perfect for an afternoon in the park with the kids... or even these which are now on my radar.

Thank You Anonymous!   

As ever thanks for reading and your comments, even when it leads me to spending more money. 

Annmarie xx

20 comments:

  1. Ooh don't you just love a bargain & I love how you've styled it with your Boden shoes & chandelier earrings Annmarie, just lovely.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when you have had your eye on something, its great isn't it! xx

      Delete
  2. I love grey sweatshirts they work so well with everything, may do a SYS. Great earrings.
    Sue x
    Bestfriendstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do and that is why I wanted one, 100%cotton that would wear well but very plain. Those earrings are pretty special I wore them on my wedding day... xx

      Delete
  3. Love the sweatshirt Annemarie....it looks just perfect with the pointy flats and jeans!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plain and simple Michelle ..... which normally is the best. x

      Delete
  4. It looks fab on you Annemarie - had to laugh at the "couldn't type J Crew fast enough" part. I saw the comment as well and popped over to the J Crew site but I couldn't bring myself to buy another grey sweatshirt when it came down to it as I already have a perfectly serviceable Gap one. So I bought a grey t-shirt instead :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't Sue my little fingers had sparks coming off them........ what are we like!!! Well the grey t-shirt is more in fitting with spring/summer...... I have a J crew T-shirt and they don't bobble which you should like! x

      Delete
  5. I bought it for £30 too! Found size small bit too fitted, what size did you go for? It looks great on you! Also bought a Tippi - love it....lisax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for the Medium. You will love your Tippi, I have a grey and hot pink one..... would like to build on my collection with a Navy one...... sale time is always a perfect time to do so. xx

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous sale purchase, you will wear it so much!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I can feel it is going to be a useful piece Abbi x

      Delete
  7. Thank you!! I had also wanted that sweatshirt, here's hoping the small fits me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed for you I am sure it will! X

      Delete
  8. Thats a really nice sweatshirt. I think the contrast edge around the hem, sleeve and neck is super.
    Love the Boden shoes as well - very nice!
    :0)
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is what I liked the contrast hem. The shoes add a bit of glamour to a understated outfit. X

      Delete
  9. I am always a bit stuck with dressy earrings - somehow i don't think they look right on me unless I have my hair off my face - but yours look great here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think it helps if you have your hair slightly boho.... If I have my hair straight they look too much. Xx

      Delete
  10. Great sweatshirt which looks super with the silver flats, see I bet you are glad you never got the rose gold now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am, the silver are going with quite abit in my wardrobe ..... X grey grey and grey!! X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest