Friday, 23 May 2014

Two New Additions



Shirt, MIH / Jeans, Topshop / Bag, Russell & Bromley / Shoes, Bloch
Picture Courtesy of  N. White aged 41/2 years old

I spotted the first item back in February on Instagram when the Russell and Bromley PR girl posted a red cross body bag that looked remarkably like a Celine Trio so I commented on the photo asking what's was the bag...... The Belle due in March, was my answer. I was palpitating with excitement ...... I was due a bonus from work around this time.... Spent, spent, spent! Well it became out of stock before I could get my hands on my bonus, so half went on my Sam Edelman Trina's and I have held onto the money for my belle, which for me is very hard. May the 5th it was due in..... I was in store.... no luck, delay on all bags...... another few days wait and then my inbox came up with ..... Belle back in stock!!!!!!!! Yeah!
 

She is my new love....... RUSSELL AND BROMLEY BELLE BAG £195

The other was the MIH oversized shirt, Hubby said to me " What's that shirt you are after " been reading the blog....... erm the MIH oversized shirt " well you can order it " nice, great! Now I know this means either he has booked another golf trip or he's ordered something for himself, anyway it was ordered before he could blink....... I am not one to complain.....cough cough...I'm not.

 
 
Well it came and I tried it on one half of me loved it, the other laughed out loud I was like Wee Willie Winkie. I could see it working on myself on the beach first over my swimsuit and then with skinny jeans or the leather style ones I have been pondering over - it would have to have a slimline bottom to balance it out. The main thing was that it needed 3 inches off the length, so off to my trusted tailor in Liverpool to work his magic. I have kept it long enough to wear as a beach cover up.... Just, but a length that is flattering over the skinnies. 

So two wish items I have wanted and it feels good I have them hanging in my wardrobe. 

Finally, how about my little boys photo efforts, I know not the best day or time to take a picture of a white shirt ( in the mid day sun stood next to a white sun trap house) but he was proud of his efforts so his picture is the one the blog, so he may be my new photographer... As I think I am p***ing Hubby & Nanna off with it. 

Have a fabulous bank holiday weekend everybody.

See you next week,

Annmarie xx

21 comments:

  1. Great outfit Annmarie & your bag reminds me very much of my Zara one, which I've found so useful that I'm sure you're going to get a lot of wear out of your gorgeous bag too. Plus your son did great with the photo.....I think he may be a natural!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is very much like your Zara one that I have been admiring on you. x

      Delete
  2. £149 for a white shirt???!!!! Yikes !!! I'm sorry but they must've seen you coming !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes indeed, but I have had many cheaper ones that have either creased too much and not lasted the course of time.........quality over quantity.

      Delete
  3. I love your shirt I have also been adding that to my wish list. Yes it's pricey but such great quality. Your new bag was definitely worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am not good waiting for things and money burns a hole in my pockets if I have any, so it feels good that I held my willpower and waited for the one I really wanted. xx

      Delete
  4. Two new superb additions to your wardrobe Annemarie! Love the colour of the bag, it's stunning and a classic white shirt is absolutely worth investing in! Enjoy these lovely additions to your wardrobe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Michele, I nearly caved and was looking at the Anya Gracie in the brick colour on the Outnet after seeing your gorgeous black one but thankfully later that day I got the email. x

      Delete
  5. My Hubby bought me a red R&B bag for my birthday. I love this one, though, as it is a little bit bigger than mine. I love the shirt too. I must try and bribe my 5 year old to do some photography for me. :) H x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I know which bag you got that also is very nice, I love everything in R&B's bag collection at the moment, you didn't go for the Jaeger one in the end? I am sure Nancy will be very good with the camera. x

      Delete
  6. Always good to tick a few bits of the wishlist, I am compiling my summer sales wishlist as we speak! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sharron excited to see you sales wishlist....... I am trying not to spend anymore now, I will just look for a dress for the wedding in October in the sales. x

      Delete
  7. I think you're little photographer did good! I don't even bother with my two - it's like pulling teeth without anaesthetic asking them to take photos of me.

    And I love the two new additions to your wardrobe but I had to laugh that you needed to chop it down. Same would apply to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was a bit nervous about chopping it down but knew it was the only way it was going to work on myself. I think I will be willing for a little while and then I am sure it will be like pulling teeth. x

      Delete
  8. That bag is stunning!! Gorgeous shirt too, im sure you'll have it for years so it'll be worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trea, yes I am hoping it will be a classic that I will be pulling out for a good few years.

      Delete
  9. Such a great bag, fabulous colour for the summer! Love the MIH shirt too, but they do seem to make everything for supersized giants! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is lovely to have a pop of colour in my bag collection as the rest are all the normal neutral colours of beige, tan , black etc

      Delete
  10. What fab, classic buys! It is worth investing in the classic chic items as then they last and look fabulous. I have been lusting after the MiH shirt dress and am just trying to hold my nerve until the sales....not sure u can hold out though! Well done to your photographer, my Jack is mine although his patience is running out!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I held my nerve last year with the swing shirt and got it half price, so it is worth playing chicken with it, the shirt dress is fab and I can definitely see you in it, looking ever so stylish. Oh as long as I get a few weeks out of my new photographer I will be happy, then Nanna may feel like taking over again. xx

      Delete
  11. Two fabulous investment purchases - the red bag looks so stylish, you must be very happy :)
    A x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest