Sunday, 1 June 2014

I ❤️ Marks & Spencer

May I firstly say that's it a love - hate  relationship.

Marks and Sparks is my go to for nice food, the food department is easy to navigate, full of delicious goodies .... I can't do without their tea bags, may I add and M&S is the place that I buy my knickers ... sorry for the personal detail there. I have also purchased some fabulous things for the children the last two years including N's favourite coat that reminds me of Petit Bateau number ( yellow fisherman rain mac  ) but a fraction of PB's prices.

Now women's clothes, well their profits are down and from the a shopper point of view it is easy to see why.... too many different sections (with hidden gems ) plus the styling is woeful ! 

Take for instance I spotted this great summer linen parka on the indigo section but dear me, they styled it with a cami I would sleep in and some skinny bootcut jeans???? This jacket would look amazing with a simple grey tee or classic breton and some slim boyfriend jeans. 

Then in the Limited Collection, I spied some great summer striped jeans that are a great homage to J. Crew's Toothpick Jeans's in railroad stripe,

Perfect with a navy sweatshirt, t-shirt or a cashmere jumper on a chilly day ( their cashmere is good!)

Per Una I just don't get, not sure of their clientele, maybe ladies who like loud patterns, frilly long skirts and lime green ...... which I think there are only a few, hence the poor sales but again there are hidden gems such as this jacket and the red lace dress

Autograph I feel is more me, my favourite piece is this striped dress, a perfect summer dress for me, short sleeves, no waist band and not too short plus in my favourite stripes. 

Their shoe collection has been fantastic recently with some great homages to some iconic designer shoes and boots recently. How about these little Valentino inspired kitten heels,


I feel they need to go into J Crew and Gap and get some ideas for store layout ( and lighting ) and sectioning as their stores are so uninspiring and too vast.

I ❤️ you M&S but you do frustrate me!

Finishing up with what I wore today, after 3 long days at work, lunch out was the order of the day, then a little food shop in M&S plus a visit to their fabulous new beauty section where I purchased travel sizes of my favourite shampoo & conditioner here , which I find perfect for my fine wavy hair.

Top, Vanessa Bruno / Jeans, Zara / Shoes, Sam Edelman / Bag, Gucci

Thanks for reading and your comments,

Annmarie xx

18 comments:

  1. I wonder what those striped jeans are like on? I got a zara version last week but they were woeful on me. And those black kitten heels are lovely! You are so right about Per Una. The colours, the frills, everything - I am not a fan - but they keep adding to it so someone must be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I fancy trying them on next time I pop into M&S. Oh yes the frills loads of them in per Una .... Ha xx

      Delete
  2. I have the same love/hate relationship with good old M&S. I lot of it boils down to the fact that I used to work for them many years ago and so unless I can get a discount I find it really hard to pay full price for stuff! I have bought some great footwear and a super bag of late but I tend not to look around the clothes! Love the parka you have featured....I have obviously missed some real gems! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem I think yes you miss the gems because it's so uninspiring. X

      Delete
  3. I tried those nude shoes Annmarie but for me they were slightly too pink in colour which is a shame as they were gorgeous. I agree with you not that for me if I'm going to find anything I like at M&S it tends to be in their Limited collection, that striped dress is just fab!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The striped dress catches my eye each time on route to the food dept, Jane. X

      Delete
  4. I am much the same - kids uniform is usually good, but apart from that it is knickers, shoes and food treats! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my friends give the kids uniform good reviews, food treats are just fab. X

      Delete
  5. I must admit there is loads in M&S I want but I am trying to stick to my list for once although that jacket kills me, so does the stripe dress actually! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have noticed a few things popping up on your blog from Marks - the striped dress would love fab on you Sharron I love it, it catches my eye each time I visit. X

      Delete
  6. And......Can you ever find anyone to help you in the clothing section? I think they are trying too hard, yes, some great pieces somewhere among the sea of dull rails. But I don't think they get the whole shopping experience thing at all!! So no, I don't shop there either, except for food! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes totally agree there is no nice or special shopping experience at all! Food, knickers and maybe a few kids bits. Xx

      Delete
  7. I totally agree with you here. I love your' Vanessa Bruno top. H xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you! I love their quality & their shoes fit me like a glove but it always looks so fuddy duddy in my local store & us Mums don't always have time to sift through it all! I've bought my undies from them for years too! lol! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they should just become a food & undie store?? He he xx

      Delete
  9. gorgeous top on you. You look so summery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you a great eBay purchase, the sun was out for a change so I thought I would make the most of it. X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest