Thursday, 5 June 2014

Wedding Guest Dresses

Wedding season is fast approaching and I am due to attend a family wedding in October. Here are my favourite dresses that I currently have my eye on. The French Connection dress is divine, it is very much like something Dolce & Gabbana would design and if the wedding was high summer that would be the one for me.




I nipped into Liverpool on Wednesday for my hair appointment and I got to see the Whistles Corrine midi dress and the Coast Blanca dress in the flesh and I have posted them on my Instagram today . 
I am personally liking the Alice Temperley lace dress, as it would be suitable for the Christmas party period as well....it would make a nice change from my normal LBD. (The Black version is gorgeous and is in the 50% sale at My Wardrobe, here.) With the cream version, there is the debate of wearing such a colour to a wedding as a guest. Quite a few girls wore this colour to mine and it didn't bother me at all, I definitely wouldn't wear white but this is a rich oyster colour, so I personally think it's acceptable.

Then I have spotted this outfit on WIT and Le Catch blogs......this seasons trend of the new matching two piece......fabulous....(that is if I had the flat tummy!)......love it anyway, even if it does look like Grandma's best curtains.


These dresses are also perfect for a day at the races or other summer social occasions that require the need to dress up......love, love, love the need to dress up!

Do you have any weddings or Summer social events that requires a pretty dress?

Here is what I wore for my trip to Liverpool yesterday for my hair, last minute holiday things and that little bit of dress window shopping. 


Parka, Mango HERE / Top, Jaeger Boutique S/S13 / Jeans, Zara / Bag, LV / Shoes, R&B / Sunglasses, Rayban

As ever thanks for reading and your comments.

Annmarie xx

14 comments:

  1. Some gorgeous dresses Annmarie, love the look of numbers 3 & 5 in particular. Can't wait to see what you choose.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are mine.... Great minds think alike. Xx

      Delete
  2. That French Connection dress is divine, I think they have loads of lovely stuff this season x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Sharron! Just gorgeous, I went to look for it yesterday non left and John Lewis didn't have it either...... It is still available on JL website in very limited sizes. If the wedding was July August I would hunt it down.... ringing every French Connection store but looking for something with longer sleeves.

      Delete
  3. Some stunning dresses, I adore the coast blanca dress. The colour and style are perfect for a wedding.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the colour is so pretty and the lace detail on the hem is very expensive looking. x

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see what you go for Annemarie!! Love the look of the Coast dress xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Michelle, I think I know which one I will go for. xx

      Delete
  5. The Alice dress is my favourite! Colour fine for a guest. Would look good with black tights in winter too? Or maybe I'm mad. And I love sleeve length! Now... Will you be posting a packing blog? I'm going on holiday soon and need inspiration. Love your blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colour of the Alice dress and I must say that is my favourite at the moment. I will be posing a packing blog hopefully on Monday. Thank you for your kind comments. xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely dresses - I think no 1 and number 6 look the nicest - and number 1 has the edge - the cut is so simple but so effective - it is just stunning.
    :0)
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally agree with you Paul, number 1 simply stunning. xx

      Delete
  7. I just love the French Connection one, but no weddings for me this year, just 40th birthdays and a summer ball!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am in love with the French Connection one, it's selling out everywhere however! X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest