Monday, 9 June 2014

Well what did I pack.....

I love reading bloggers packing posts and I have learnt so much from them, such as packing a colour co-ordinated holiday wardrobe which I did last year..... this was a light bulb moment for me after years of packing way too much but still not enough if that makes sense, my last holiday I was totally happy with what I had packed.

I have too pack sensibly now with having two children. So let's see what I have packed for this holiday, I am staying with the colour palette of white, black, grey and my pop of colour is red. My colour palette was decided due to the colour of my 3 swimsuits ( which are dark grey, black and red)

Tops & Shorts 
3 x Basic Tees



3 x Boho tops that will mix-match with my 2 pairs of shorts.


Shoes, I am not taking any high heel shoes this year, which is unheard of for me. My Boden silver pointed flats are going to be my evening shoe. 


1 x Beach Jelly Sandal (plus my H&M espadrilles) 
2 x Sandals 1 black and 1 Tan
1 x Evening 'go with everything' shoe

plus I will travel in my red ballet pumps. 

Just a cute little outfit I want to pack that has sneaked in, 

Dresses........ I am dress kind of girl on holiday I find them so easy to throw on and I feel cool in them...... Eeny, meeny, miny, moe which ones did I pick to travel? Let's take them all, notice they all fit into my colour palette. 

Accessories, 1 x Scarf, 2 x Sunglasses, 1 x hat, fold up Anya Hindmarch beach bag, 1 x evening clutch and my LV wallet from my Neverfull. 


I use little drawstring bags like this to keep things together, like children's underwear, 




Toiletries can take of a lot of space and weight in your case. I like to be organised and here are pictures I posted last year of my organised bags. 



I also pack in my see through bag which I put in my handbag, some Calpol sachets, these are fantastic..... although most airlines carry Calpol now it is so much more convenient and quicker to carry these with you. Saves you the job of completing paperwork onboard the aircraft, should the crew have to administer medicine to you. 


Also try and look for travel packs in your skincare, it saves you taking your big jars. I use Dermalogica or Liz Earle and they both do great travel sets.

M&S do great travel see through bags with the small plastic bottles in that you can take a small amount of your skincare in, here.

I always wear to travel my closed toe shoes (slip one type is best - for a quickness at security ) and trousers normally jeans so they are not weighing down my case.

So I hope you have found my packing tips useful.

As ever thanks for reading.

Annmarie xx

8 comments:

  1. Great post!!! :-)

    How about following each other? Let me know & I follow right back!

    Kiss,
    PERONALBLOG|G+|BLOGLOVIN’|FACEBOOK|INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! 3 weeks to vacation for me.... Last time I had too much and yet struggled to find the correct clothes from a vast selection! Thanks, enjoy your holiday. Off to make a few online purchases now! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've taken one stylish suitcase full of some lovely pieces Annmarie, but I wouldn't expect anything less.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great suitcase full you have. Like you I match my outfits to a colour theme as it makes it so much easier.

    Hope you have a great time.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am exactly the same, I feel better in dresses for going out in the evening. How did I miss you getting the red boden shorts? You were supposed to tell me about leg length although I kept the longer length, just rolled them up! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you're so organised though the minimalist packer in me is stressing at all the dresses - lol! But you're so right to pick the colours and stick to it ... means dressing on hols is so much easier xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post. Great ideas, thank you. Have a wonderful time. H xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab post! I LOVE packing posts. I think I'm more than a little obsessed about the perfect capsule holiday wardrobe. I always do the colour palette thing when packing and find it works brilliantly for mixing and matching. Happy hols! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest