Tuesday, 22 July 2014

FM40 Style Mama Uniform - Chinos

Top, Jaeger Boutique (S/S13) / Chinos, Gap / Shoes, R&B (Old)

Another Mama Uniform post from me today as the summer holidays are here and we all have our hands full keeping them occupied and of course trying to keep stylish as we do so. 

Come the warmer weather my jeans get traded for chinos most days, I think they are a great addition to your wardrobe if you don't already own a pair, dresses and summer skirts aren't sometimes always practical at play parks. Also, I think olive or khaki is a very versatile colour.

I haven't posted any of my Pinterest images for a while, but I found the gorgeous Jessica Alba wearing olive chinos to the park with her adorable children, 



The trousers I am wearing above are Gap mini skimmer khakis, which I really recommend, available HERE.

And here are some other options for you,



My Style Tips
  • Roll them up - they look more cool like that
  • Wear with pretty lace tops (like I have above) the contrast is a great look....(I think.)
  • Or keep it simple like Jessica with a black, grey or white tee. 
Just another alternative look for the Mama Uniform, plus as Britain is having a bit of a heatwave this week the chinos got traded yesterday for the denim cut offs, so I have updated my THINGS I LOVE on my side bar with the perfect Heat wave Mama Uniform/look.

Thank you for reading and as always for your comments.

Annmarie xx


13 comments:

  1. I love chinos & I have the same Gap mini skimmers. I've also just bought the Boden utility trousers as they were 50% off in the sale (I now have them in 3 colours!) they are just fab & a great alternative to jeans. I love dresses but I totally agree about the practicality of trousers when you have 2 small people to run after (& a little boy who likes to lift up skirts!!). Your Jaeger top is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he..... funny about skirts, why do little boys like to do that? The Jaeger top is one of my favourite tops, if not my favourite really Sian. I was tempted by the boden ones but they only have a 10L left, I hope they do something similar next season. x

      Delete
  2. Looking fab in your chino's honey, I haven't worn any for years, I have the Current Elliott Captains Trousers upstairs but I think they will be too tight now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I remember trying to hunt a pair of them down on Ebay about 2 years ago. You need to try them on, they are great trousers. x

      Delete
  3. I have yet to find some chinos that are a perfect fit on me! Love the Gap ones on you but I tried them amongst others earlier in the season without luck so I abandoned the search! I think I need to give them another try as I love them on you and Jessica! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try J Crew they do a longer length, as the Gap mini skimmers ones are quite short. They are a great wardrobe addition something different to good old denim. x

      Delete
  4. I haven't got any chinos Annmarie & seem to have fallen in love with capri trousers instead. Love the chinos on you...which has got me thinking maybe I should try a few pairs on!!!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do suit Capri pants Jane however. The Gap ones I would really recommend, Susie So So also has them. x

      Delete
  5. They look great! Joules have some lovely chinos in the sale - I've just bought a navy pair. But I do love them in this khaki colour. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have a pair from Joules also in a lovely sand colour, navy will be very useful. x

      Delete
  6. I have these chinos too and I love them. Such a great fit and style. I saw this on Instagram earlier and I love how you've styled them. Another gorgeous look. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I style mine pretty much like you with a pretty top - softens the casual nature of the chinos. And the fact that they are a bit thinner makes them much more appealing than a pair of jeans at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute - I need to find mine out again though they are less of a chino and more of a cargo pant with elastic ankles - I love them though and your inspiration photos are fab!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest