Friday, 18 July 2014

FM40 Mama Uniform - Chambray & Denim


Shirt & Jeans, Gap / Bag & Sandals R&B /
I gave N the choice on Tuesday night what he wanted to do the following day.......play park by the boating lake and a picnic. The rest of the country woke up to sun but unlucky us in the NW of England it was clouds but he still wanted to go, so off we went. I left my Breton stripes at home for a change and worn another favourite item of clothing of mine the chambray shirt along with my jeans.
The Sales are great to pick up things like premium denim, so I was perusing MIH sale to see what was on offer in their sale. Anthropologie, normally have excellent reductions on MIH jeans, I got my MIH Paris dark indigo wash for around £70 in the January sale, but you have to be quick because they normally sell out. MIH own website however still have a great selection of sizes and styles.
According to WIT' blog Laura the leg lengthening "breathless"



 This seasons "it" style,

My favourite style the Paris,  I have this colour wash but I made a bit of a boo boo with the sizing. when I was ordering them I reviewed the sizing online and read somewhere they ran small, so I ordered them in a 29. They arrived on New Years Eve and I was rushing out so I quickly tried them on........yes they are fine........ then we went off to the lakes for a weeks holiday. I then sort of forgot about them and really should of done my trial wear at home day because I could of got the 28, so since wearing them for our weekend away in Barcelona they have sat in my wardrobe with the mental note of taking them to my tailor to take an inch out of waist and bum. So my sizing advice is stick to your normal size.


Then I spotted the lovely original wash on Susie So So which she had just recently purchased in the Anthropologie summer sale (since sold out). I thought what lovely jeans, so today I have ticked another thing on my to do list and took my MIH Paris to be finally re-altered. Plus, I may have been naughty and purchased the same original wash in a size 28, which are now on the way to me. 

The MIH Paris in White are only £66 in the MIH sale HERE

If you like me and are a fan of a chambray shirt they have a great reduction on this style,


and then just before I logged off I saw this cute denim clutch, this would look fab with a white summer dress, it also said its big enough to fit an I-Pad .....what a stylish I-Pad cover it would be.

Have you purchased any premium denim lately and if so, do you wait for the sales?

Thank you for reading and have a fabulous weekend.

Annmarie xx

12 comments:

  1. They are a lovely style of jean though aren't they the Paris? And I was so lucky to nab my pair in the Anthropologie sale. And I also have a pair of the Breathless ones in a mid grey which I will alter when I have a moment. Again, I'm going to crop those to my ankle and keep them as a summer jean as I like the paler denim shades in the summer. But I have to say, I am now a total Paris convert from the first pair and am now seeking out my size in different colour washes.

    And like you, I've been wearing the blues this week. It's one of those combinations which always makes me feel fab and put together. I took some photos but I've not had time to blog with birthday parties to sort and family to visit and I've just realised iPhoto needs an update which I will have to sort later. Maybe a post soon ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sale time is the time to get get them, was tempted with the winter white but I am rubbish with white jeans. Looking forward to your new posts, hope George had a fab birthday. X

      Delete
  2. I've not tried the MIH jeans Annmarie so will have to add this to my ever increasing list as I live in jeans 90% of the time.
    Have a fab weekend.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are a fan of Zara jeans aren't you Jane and I must admit my fav pair of jeans this summer are from Zara. X

      Delete
  3. Oh goodness what are you doing woman, I want that damn clutch bag! In answer to your question, I haven't bought premium denim for a few years now, although I always did and often picked up good sales buys x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry!!! The damn clutch is rather fabulous though isn't it! X

      Delete
  4. I've never spent huge amounts on jeans (Boden are normally my jean of choice) but these do look fab. I saw them on Susie So So too and loved them. Maybe I should take a look... Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish boden jeans did fit my thick waist better because they are excellent quality. X

      Delete
  5. I am normally a Gap girl when it comes to jeans but I love the look of the Phoebe's so I'm seriously tempted to order them to try! Love your double denim look! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally see you in a pair of Phoebe's Michelle, I think I would look silly in a pair, would have to wear them with a pair of very high heels. X

      Delete
  6. The Gap shirt and jeans look great :) I love Gap for shirts they always give a really flattering fit x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I must say I like the fit of Gap shirts also. X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest