Wednesday, 23 July 2014

FM40 Style - The Skater Shoe


On Sunday morning we visited Cedar Farm for brunch plus the children like to feed the animals there and it is just around the corner from our favourite farm shop for the supplies for our BBQ that evening. It was warm, but a bit overcast so I choose to wear my chinos again, I also knew I would need to wear sensible footwear as the grass could be wet due the downpour of rain we had the previous day and that's when I thought I wish I had some leopard skater shoes  (I had to settle for my gold Ash trainers.) 

Now it wasn't one of the trends I thought I wanted to scratch, but having seen them looking cool with things that I have in my wardrobe for example jeans (and denim cut offs ...in this nice weather) with white lace tops. Here, I am revisiting looking at them......as ever always late to the party.





The Dune ones appeal most to myself and I think it is the espadrille sole that makes me prefer them slightly over the others.

Major sadness .... this is the last time you will see this blouse!! In the afternoon I donned a apron and started to paint a bench in the garden, all going well I thought until I was undressing and horror, there was paint on my blouse, yes I know idiot for painting in good clothes - but that's me, once I get something in my head, I am like a dog with a bone. I tried everything and it was not budging so in the bin it went, I did think about dying it but as you know I have one in black. Hubby felt sorry for me, I think as I had tackled the overgrown garden as well..........yes also in the blouse and he told me to order a new oneWe all know it's sold out but me not able to resist hubby offer to replace my blouse.... I found something similar that I had had my eye on ( little hint, it is on my Things I Love for Heat Wave Mama.)

Thank you for reading, 

Annmarie xx


15 comments:

  1. I really like the Dune ones too but I do not need any new footwear at all and have both the skater shoe and espadrille trend covered! Sorry to hear about your top, that's why I only wear old clothes indoors, with me it's normally food or fat splashes, I must be a messy cook! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you don't need any new footwear, Trinas, Stellas' popping up on your Instagram. That's what my mum said - why didn't you have old stuff on. x

      Delete
  2. I can definitely recommend the Kurt Geiger Laurel's Annmarie, they have been a brilliant buy for me if you do decide to dip your toe into the skater shoe trend.
    Isn't is devastating to lose a favourite top :0( but hey the new purchase looks lovely too ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have been admiring your Laurel's all season - I love them but still not totally sure they are me. Excited for my new top...... bless him he got done £30 one in the bin - £45 replacement. x

      Delete
  3. Love the Dune shoes Annmarie, I'm still sitting on the fence with skater shoes - love them on others just not sure they're for me. Can't wait to see your new top, don't you just hate ruining a favourite item.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest Jane I am on the fence with you, I think I need to try them on with the outfits I would wear them with. x

      Delete
  4. I have the M&S skate shoes and love them - cheap and comfy! Gutted for you about the blouse - just what I would do too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have a history of doing stuff like this such a clumsy mere...... I haven't had a car yet that I have not scratched!! I missed the M&s ones..... I nipped in to M&S today, know you have been a fan recently lots of nice things coming in. x

      Delete
  5. I have a pair of leopard skaters from Gap which are fab! Love the Laurels which Michelle has, but also the Dune espadrilles look lovely! Gutted about your top...sooo annoying! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I walked pass the Gap ones when they first came in, kicking myself for not even trying them on! then they sold out, they were a good price also......silly me for that and my top! x

      Delete
  6. I've not dipped my toe in the skater shoe yet either, just not sure they're me. These all look fab though and if I were going to try, it would definitely be leopard print. What a shame about your top :-( Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes definitely a Leopard pair Lynne, I have seen them in black and silver, the black would look to solid on your feet and Manish I think. Leopard all the way. x

      Delete
  7. I have the Office leopard skaters, great for dipping your toe into this trend as only £20. I am so similar in that I wear all my best clothes at home and also scratch and dent my car on a regular basis!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I honestly never thought I'd like skaters but they've been brilliant this summer & now I want a leopard/animal pair now but sadly the ones I want are the most expensive!! So I need to stop the sale shopping first :)
    Sorry to hear about your top - I've done this in the past....so frustrating xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the M&S ones & honestly couldn't do without them! They've been replaced by the espadrille whilst the suns been out but they are packed & ready to go for my mini break in London.....just in case it rains! Ax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest