Thursday, 3 July 2014

My Pop of Colour

In my last post I featured my monochrome holiday wardrobe, I did pack some colour, my colour to brighten things up was red/coral. This was decided when I purchased a good quality swimsuit in red last year that holds me in, in all my problem areas.

Firstly, a great purchase in last years sales, my By Marlene Birger striped beach dress compliments the red swimsuit.


My  Hush Mosaic Maxi Dress was wonderful addition worn for casual evenings spent at the apartment's garden for BBQ's. I worn this dress quite a lot, easy, comfortable and felt I made a effort on 'stay in nights.'


Then my J Crew silk maxi dress, I adored this on Laura last year in Capri on her holidays and hunted one down on eBay. Here, I am wearing it for a morning trip to the beach, I felt really glamorous wearing it waltzing through the beach restaurant for lunch. 


and of course my Boden red shorts they were the most comfortable thing I packed. A bright colour short is a nice alternative to denim and looks great with a white or grey tee or dress it up like I have here with a black top for a lovely walk and lunch out.


Here are a few red holiday pieces that a similar to mine ( such as the Breton dress and maxi dress ) for your summer wardrobe,
 
 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
 
Annmarie
 
xx

21 comments:

  1. Another lovely post full of inspiration, thanks
    Sue x
    Bestfriendstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for putting myself on your blog roll! xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous outfits again and I love the red shorts with a black top x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you in this colour Annmarie & that Topshop shift dress is stunning!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it Jane if I had another holiday I would purchase it. X

      Delete
  4. You are so glamourous! I love you in the silk dress, just beautiful!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not glam all the time Abbi - you should see me now - slob! Xx

      Delete
  5. All I can say Annemarie is that you look amazing in red! Love both of the maxi dresses and Breton style too! Looking gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle you are too kind. It's a colour that I always get a compliment in, I think people are just shocked not to see me in monochrome colours.

      Delete
  6. i'm into red at the moment, not sure it suits me how it suits you, but it's fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have just read your lipstick post looking gorgeous .... Loving your red shoes!!!! Xx

      Delete
  7. I love your discipline regarding your holiday wardrobe - I remember I had a real mish mash of colours when I last went on holiday abroad.

    And all the outfits look lovely on you - red really works for you. And how come you don't look a hot sticky mess like I would when holidaying somewhere warm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always hide behind a hat..... If I don't I look bloody awful.... Fizzy hair and a red sweaty face Sue. X

      Delete
  8. Those Boden shorts look amazing on you - I love that outfit so much. Effortlessly cool and stylish. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That outfit idea was steeled from Marlene from Chocolate cookies and candies. Xx

      Delete
  9. Loving the outfits, comfy but stylish is definitely a winning holiday wardrobe.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do love dresses on holiday as they are a outfit on themselves and I find them very comfy & cooler. X

      Delete
  10. Love the idea of a pop of colour in a holiday wardrobe......How beautiful is your J crew maxi!! And those Boden shorts look ab fab too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Live this post - want some red shorts now! They look so chic on you x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest