Friday, 15 August 2014

FM40 Beauty - My Beauty Must Haves


 

I haven't done a beauty post for ages..... about a year in fact and it was a list of the contents that are in my make up bag,  here. My contents are the same as listed in that post except the blusher and I have gone back to my 1st love and best in its field..... BOBBI BROWN POP ROUGE IN PALE PINK I found the Nars didn't have good lasting power.

Anyway back to my skincare, above is what I am presently using. My skin is dehydrated due to many hours, years spent in an air-conditioned metal tube....aka an aircraft, so often I need an intensive treatment and I love LIZ EARLE INTENSTIVE NOURISHING MASK £14. Day to day I cleanse with LIZ EARLE CLEANSE & POLISH HOT CLOTH £14.75 I love this because I like to feel my face is washed. It is good to swap your cleanser once in a while and another favourite of mine is Dr Hauschka Cleansing Milk £24. After cleansing, I follow with a hydrating toner and the best I have found is DERMALOGICA MULTI ACTIVE TONER £22.95, when my face feels tight this makes it feel normal again, heaven. I also love DERMALOGICA GENTLE CREAM EXFOLANT to remove the dead skin from your face, it does give your face that fresh rosey glow back. A really good tip from make up artist, Lisa Eldridge about this product, which she uses herself, is to put it on when reading the kids their bedtime stories then wash off after, perfect for busy mums like us.....however I often forget to put it on before their bedtime routine, I am that busy! Finally, moisturise..... I am presently using REN ROSE O 12 MOISTURE DEFENCE SERUM £42, I like serums normally just in the winter but, I am starting to worry about the lines and I had heard good things about this, so I thought I would give it a whirl, it is cheaper than Botox.

Botox being a whole story of its own, do you go down that route or not? I have seen some horror faces thanks to Botox and fillers and I am sure if you go down the proper route of a brilliant  (albeit expensive) doctor then, they will be the good examples, I suppose the face you see and think "god, she looks good for her age." I must admit I have toyed with the idea as I hate my frown marks between my eyebrows but, I just don't like the idea of putting something like rat poison in my face. Plus, a few celebrities are now turning their back on it,  such as Elle MacPherson in an article in Red, she said she didn't like herself with Botox and she has stopped putting it in her body? I am never saying never and I will leave it like that..... for now.

My hair,  I have had a few emails asking how I get my beach curls, my hair is wavy and fine (I have a lot of it) and coloured so I need a good shampoo to give body but to calm things down and is PHILIP KINGSLEY MOISTURE BALANCING SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER.



I will then rough dry my hair and blow dry the front layers and crown on a large round brush and then use my life saver, BABYBLISS PRO CERAMIC TONG. I will tame any frizz with Charles Worthington serum, in between I will use a dry shampoo, such as Toni & Guy for some texture and root lift.


Body skin care, well cheap and cheerful with Nivea rich nourishing body milk. If money was no object then, I would cover myself with KIEHLS CREME DE CORPS, the best body lotion ever!!! On our honeymoon in New York our hotel had complimentary Kiehl products, every day they went in my case hoping they would all be replenished.....and they were, thank you The Carlyle .


I like to look a little tanned, I feel better, I have used for years ST TROPEZ BRONZING MOUSSE, I have been using it for so long I think I could do a good job applying in the dark. A little tip from me is the best thing to wash it off the palms of your hands if you have applied it without gloves, is Gillette shaving foam.

A treat for bath time I adore REN ROSE OTTO BATH OIL, if only for the delicious smell, hoping this will be replaced for my Birthday next month.

Nails, I have been getting Shellac off and on for 4 years now and in-between I will  paint with OPI polishes or my new love Vinylux. My favourite colours are below,

OPI Lincoln Park / OPI Cajun Shrimp / VINYLUX Lobster Roll
 
Perfume, I have been searching for my new signature scent for a while, I tried Aqua Di Parma Magnolia Nobile......I like but don't love. I had a tester card strip in my bag for ages and adored the smell but on my skin I don't get that same effect. So I am now trying Jo Malone, I purchased French Lime Blossom for my mum and I love it on her, I was undecided about getting that for myself or peony and blush suede..... the peony won and I must say its a lovely summer fragrance. 

 
So there you go my beauty must haves, I would like your help and advice however on a good moisturiser, as I am on the hunt for a new one.
 
Annmarie xx

10 comments:

  1. I love beauty posts & reading about the products other people use! I am a huge Dermalogica fan, their multi-vitamin power recovery mask is especially good. A friend introduced me to Liz Earle a few years ago & I love the repair moisturiser & superskin concentrate (which smells amazing!). A friend & I were having a conversation about botox the other day, having both just turned 40...I think it's a bit of a slippery slope as once you start having it done (hoping it looks ok!) then it would be really hard to stop doing it!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the product tips I think I may go for Liz Earle moisturiser. Yes the Botox is a slippery slope, I would rather buy clothes or a pair of shoes. I also think it can make you look older??? Especially when the younger girls in the 20's start getting it done with fillers I sometimes think they are well into their 30's. X

      Delete
  2. I also use the mask Sian mentions above. I would love Botox but always say I can't afford it, I guess I would buy shoes with the money! I think it would be fillers for me now, I'm too far gone! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would rather buy a pair of shoes! No point having a wrinkle free face with old shoes - rather be walking in a pair of red soles or Choos for the Botox & filler money:) :)

      Delete
  3. Forgot to say that in the past I have compared the products from high street to high end and they mostly contain the same stuff actually. I used the Liz Earle moisturiser for years, I've used Chanel, Chantecaille and love the Dermalogica Soothing Cream also but the most important thing is to cleanse, tone, moisturise twice a day and not the cost of the products but try something with Peptides, not that it makes a difference to me but the Ponds range in Superdrug contains the same as the expensive stuff x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I read that somewhere ... Peptides will check that out. The Gay lads I work with rave about Aldi's anti angling stuff??

      Delete
  4. I also got the Jo Malone Peony fragrance a few weeks back, it is a lovely summer smell but I find it doesn't last particularly long, which is a shame given the price! Love love lip balms, lipsticks and now the Clinique chubby stick in whole lotta honey is a firm favourite! I'll try the bobbi brown blusher tip, thanks! Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I must admit is my only gripe about Peony ..... I purchased it as the smell was more me than French Lime but on the train home French Lime I could still smell and peony had worn off. For the winter I am going for French Lime....,

      Delete
  5. I use so many of the same things as you! Currently have Jo Malone nectarine and honey, it's gorgeous!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember having that in a bath oil, delicious!! Too many nice Malone smells. X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest