Wednesday, 13 August 2014

FM40 Style - The Best Item for Trans-Seasonal Dressing


Shirt, Gap / Jeans, MIH / Shoes, Boden
 
With our heat wave now sadly over, it is back to typical British August weather, cloudy (unfortunately wet) mornings that brighten up in the afternoon, this unreliable weather has made me reach for pieces that are trans-seasonal, one of those items is the lightweight chambray shirt/denim shirt. The denim shirt is just a classic item that can be worn in a variety of ways,


 
.........and I love how it can be worn with a dressy skirt for a evening or to the office, I have tried this look here and I admittedly really liked wearing it styled this way.
 

You don't have to look no further than Gap for brilliant denim shirts,

 

I am really liking this collarless one, 

 
Mango have some really nice ones too, I like both the colour and loose fit of this particular one. 

 
 
and if you have been a follower of this blog for awhile you know the denim item I have struggled with is a denim jacket but how about this one, as worn by the Working Girl
 


Marant? No...... Mango!!! Mango denim quilted jacket £59.99  AVAILABLE HERE
 
Are you a fan of the humble denim shirt?
 
Thank you for reading and your comments.
 
Annmariexx

10 comments:

  1. You really can't beat a denim shirt and I love the vintage denim looking ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three denim shirts in different styles, definitely a wardrobe staple x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is from gap - love it styled with a dressy skirt like your picture!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladies, I think we all have one don't we and it's just styling it different that makes it stand out. Xx

      Delete
  4. I wore mine (ASOS), with a FC black leather pleated skirt in the winter out for dinner, and with a sequin skirt to the theatre. LOVED it this way. Such a great versatile piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the sound of your styling here, I wore mine with a black lace skirt for a meal out and loved wearing it like that also. Xx

      Delete
  5. Ok - denim shirt coming out tomorrow. It's perfect for this cooler weather. Thanks for the style inspiration!! Also loving the quilted jacket from Mango - off for a closer look. Hope all is good with you Annmarie! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome - not sure what to wear the weather is do iffy isn't? I am tempted by the mango but trying to be good that much on the A/W wish list. Hope your back is better Avril. X

      Delete
  6. Well I obviously love the Mango jacket but can't possibly justify it with the River Island one I have already sitting in my wardrobe. Are you going for it?

    And yes, a chambray/denim jacket is a definite wardrobe staple. I saw another one I liked today in Gap but it was full price and the SA says there's a discount promotion coming the first weekend in September. I have my calendar marked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right my dairy is marked - I love Gap's 30% off days. The jacket , I thought you would like it....me too, but I am on the August spending ban I am very tempted however. I will let you know if I give in!! X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest