Wednesday, 20 August 2014

FM40 Style - Impromptu Drinks in a skirt

 

T-Shirt, J.Crew / Skirt, J.Crew / Shoes, Boden / Bag, Chanel
 
Following on from a day in the Office on Friday, the boys were entertaining the children at our local Cricket club and having a beer, so my friend suggested very last minute "do you fancy leaving the children with the boys and we go out for our tea and a glass or 2" well I couldn't get in the shower quick enough. 

My outfit,  I didn't really want to wear jeans and the sun was shining.......I thought this could be my last opportunity to get my legs out this summer, so a quick layer of St. Tropez and a skirt it was. I love lace skirts and I have been wanting to wear my J.Crew lace skirt all summer with bare legs, I played it down with a simple tee and finished it off with my Chanel bag. 

Alfresco meal out in our local village, bubbles and girly chat.... just fabulous!! 

This MSGM skirt is like my J.Crew lace skirt with navy lace over a black underskirt, as usual I love styling here from Net a Porter.



Here are some of my other favourite lace skirts about (some great sale bargains) they can be adapted for A/W with a cashmere sweater or shirt and if you are brave (like above) bare legs or thick tights with ankle boots......which is a very cool look.


 
My favourite is number 3, perfect for the A/W trend of the full midi skirt, this would look wonderful with a crisp white shirt worn with heels or a slim fitting jumper.
 
As always thank you for reading and your comments,
 
Annmarie xx

9 comments:

  1. Love a bit of lace and really like how you've dressed it down with the plain t-shirt x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lace skirt and t-shirt go so perfectly well together! I love this look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree number three is gorgeous and you look lovely in yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very modern with a plain tee and the skirt is so pretty - must wear my white lace one again before the autumn!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the bag, the bag....!!! Love reading your posts & very jealous of the impromptu tea with girlfriend - school holidays etc!!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was very impromptu and fab - they always are those type of evenings. Glad you enjoy my blog :)

      Delete
  6. Love spontaneous evenings, you looked FAB, like you the Asos skirt is my fave! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest