Friday, 22 August 2014

FM40 Style - M&S Vogue Edit

So you know I love M&S as detailed in my I love series here......yes its a love/hate relationship.
 
They had the coat of the season last A/W.....the pink coat and it looks like they may have done it again but this time..........it's blue (number one below - presently sold out online - until they hopefully restock) 
 

British Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman says,

Get ahead for the cooler months with this elegant coat from Autograph. The beautiful blue colour will brighten any grey days. The British winter can be so long that I’m in favour of doing everything possible to stave off the gloominess of it. So finding a coat in a colour like this is a good start. It will work brilliantly with all the off-kilter 70s colours around this season, such as tan and orange, or the more basic blacks, greys and navys. I like to fold coats around me in a comforting way, so the soft structure and sloping shoulders of this design – along with the deep pockets – are perfect. The shape is also an excellent complement to narrow trousers or pencil skirts, and it’s a good length for the knee-high boots that are taking over from ankle boots in the trend stakes.


Couldn't of said it better myself.....he he. Here are my picks from Vogue's M&S edit......
 
 
 
Loving the navy coat which I have seen in the flesh reminds myself of my beloved Nicole Farhi navy coat that I have had for a few years, I think a Navy coat is so much more wearable than a black coat and also looks more expensive  (I believe it's hard to find a good looking black coat on the high street they always look cheap compared to a navy version for example. )
 
 What else I am loving in M&S, well did you click the other Monday morning onto WIT blog and thought Laura's dotted dress she teased us with on Instagram Saturday evening would be a Dolce number from her holiday in Italy only to find it was £39.50 special from M&S.......did I? Oh yes I did.... August spending ban and all, but that has been since been sorted my Mum has purchased it for my birthday in September and it hangs in my wardrobe waiting for it's outing, my birthday meal with friends, so excited to wear it! All us WIT devotees made it sell out that morning but, if you fancy a shorter version then this one may be a good alternative. Also, her white lace midi skirt, gorgeous, I often looked at it on the way to the food I thought that's nice, anyway that sold out too .....surprise ... surprise. Fear not, they still have the dress here for you to stash for next summer or perfect if you are having a late August/September holiday.
 
Back to my M&S picks, leather leggings I have my eye on these..... perfect with my MIH white oversized shirt and a blazer and the Autograph textured coat is very nice.
 
Anybody else owning up to the dotted M&S dress? What gems have you spied in M&S lately?
 
Have a wonderful Bank Holiday Weekend everybody!
 
Thank you for reading, next week's blog posts will be all about School Run Mama ......it's getting nearer!
 
Annmarie xx

23 comments:

  1. I passed up on the dress - it was still available when I read the post and then had a moment's doubt that maybe I should have tried it but in my heart of hearts - I'm not that great with high necks. What's the chances that you are going to style your new love with the M&S caged sandals? I think they would be the perfect accompaniment.

    And I rarely buy navy or black in wool coats - they cause me too much grief. I spend all my time making sure I've lint rolled every speck of dust and fluff off before I can walk out of the door. Tedious to say the least so I tend to stick with slightly lighter colours where possible ... like grey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the M&S caged sandals are in the running with my Christian Louboutin Mary Janes and of the course the total copycat I am my red russell & Bromley bag. You remind me so much of my sister in law, she carrys a lint roller with her when she is wearing her black coat. I must do the same!! Details count. I love grey coats but I would like a camel coat they are such classics. X

      Delete
  2. I did go for the spotty dress but sadly had to return it. the high neck done nothing for my chest as i am quite well endowed in that area and found it made it look like a shelf. would have looked lovely on my middle daughter who is same sort of build as Laura from WIT. so it was a no from me as cant see myself getting them down to a 34? any time soon. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah what a shame, I did have doubts for myself but ok just!!

      Delete
  3. I bet you will look lovely in the M&S dress! I have had my eye on the blue coat - a good thing it's out if stock, will give me more time to think. Adore the colour!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seems a lot of coloured coats about, blue, lilac and pink again. Need to do some thinking myself before I dive in.

      Delete
  4. The M&S dress is on sale at £15, loads and loads of them at Gemini retail if you can get there. I brought back my full priced dress, returned repurchased and bought a pair of shoes and was still up by £9, very satisfying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wonder could I do that, Gemini not that far from me!!?? Good work getting shoes & change!

      Delete
  5. It seems pretty obvious that Laura has been paid by M+S to promote some of their products- but hasn't opted for disclosure. Irritating! Would be much better if she was just upfront about it.

    Not keen on the blue coat-but then I didn't like the pink coat trend either-can't shake the slight dressing-gown look to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does seem that way as the number of M&S posts increased. There is a thread on Mumsnet about it and her not disclosing which is the etiquette of blogging if they were sponsored posts, anyway she picked well and maybe things we may have overlooked have been given a bit of fashion va va voom!

      Delete
  6. And I thought you were laughing at my Birkenstocks with the spotty dress in my insta pic, but you were laughing because you had it too! Love it although goodness knows when it will get worn but for 15 quid - who cares?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no honey not laughing at your Birkenstocks - I was laughing at there goes another one of us in spotty M&S gang! Although I hope you aren't going to style the dress with them? He he

      Delete
  7. I bought and returned the spotty dress too, I really wanted to look like Laura in it, but sadly didn't. Boobs too big here too. I did get the leather leggings though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have the leather leggings on my wish list? Good fit?

      Delete
    2. They are, more true to size than I normally think of M&S as being (find they usually come up big) but great price and flattering.

      Delete
  8. Tried it on yesterday and it looked hidious on me. Drop waist did no favours for pear shapes, shame as I loved it on everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a weird shape when I got it out of the bag I thought this maybe a no - but thankfully it looks ok on me - see what you think anyway when I wear and post pictures. X

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Gorgeous isn't it? Looks fab in their month's vogue. X

      Delete
  10. I have bought the navy coat and love it to bits! M&S seem to be doing it right at long last! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Navy coat, just everything about it!

      Delete
  11. Love your picks...they do seem to be getting it right at last! Love the spotty dress but I know I wouldn't have the occasion to wear it so I was good and steered clear! My most recent purchase from M&S was one of the one-piece swimsuit you featured a while back as it was in the sale this week. I saw someone on holiday in something similar and she looked so elegant.....I decided there and then that a one-piece was the way to go! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a one piece will be investing in some new ones next year! Was it the black & white one you got?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest